<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Saturday, April 9, 2011

No guilt? Sweet.

Sweet tooth, anyone?  Yeah, I've got one too.  Some nights are MUCH worse than others...

I love fruit, and I try to find new ways to enjoy it so I don't get bored.  It beats stuffing your mouth with chocolate or ice cream.  At least that's what I try to convince myself :)

If you've got a lot of ripe pears to use up (or apples, or both!) try this out.  It's easy, delicious, and guilt-free!


Baked Pear Slices
4 medium pears, cored and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons brown sugar

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Spray a baking sheet (or two, if you need more room) with cooking spray.

In a bowl, mix cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar together.  Add the pears to the bowl and toss gently to coat. Lay them on baking sheet(s) and cook for about 30-40 minutes, or until browned.

Serves 2
WW Points+ = 2


Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At April 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Beloved Green said...

I just made balsamic pears last weekend. They always satisfy my sweet tooth :-)

 
At April 9, 2011 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

I never thought of doing this! What a great idea. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

 
At April 9, 2011 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

What a great idea! It's perfect for when you need just a little something. Thanks for sharing it!

 
At April 9, 2011 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Ann said...

This is a great idea, Melissa!

 
At April 10, 2011 at 6:33 AM , Blogger Katerina said...

Great idea for a kid's sweet snack in the afternoon!

 
At April 10, 2011 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

It's almost like a pie filling but without the crust and all the butter! Love it.

 
At April 10, 2011 at 10:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, i am munching a bar of chocolate as i typed this. I wish i had some of these instead. How healthy!

 
At September 2, 2011 at 1:54 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, I gotta go get more pears!!! So eager to try this one out and so glad I came across your recipe.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home