<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Et tu, Anjou?

Frank was going to Costco and asked what I wanted.  For some reason, pears were the first thing that came to my mind.  I was craving a nice, juicy pear.  Yep, that sounded good.


Well, I had a nice juicy pear, but unfortunately, by the next day the rest of them became waaaaaay too juicy and overripe.  Which led me to this:




SO good.  Easy, too.  I brought this to my best friend's house and the kids gobbled it up!

I'll have another pear recipe for you soon - if you shop at Costco you know there are a LOT of pears in one bag :)

Easy Pear Tart
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk (I used 2%)
1 cup granulated sugar (I used Splenda)
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups AP flour
2 pounds Anjou pears (about 5 or 6)
butter for dotting the tart
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cloves 

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees with a rack in the upper third of the oven.  
Grease a 9-inch round baking pan with butter, then dust with flour.  Peel the pears, cut in half lengthwise, and core to remove the seeds.  Slice the pear halves into thin slivers.


Beat the eggs and milk in a bowl. Add the sugar and a pinch of salt and continue beating until well blended.
Add the flour to the eggs and milk. Mix to form a thick cake batter.

Add the pears to the batter and mix gently until the slices are evenly coated. Pour the batter in the greased and dusted cake pan.  Top evenly with small pieces of butter and ground cloves.


Bake for about 50 minutes, or until the top is well-browned.  Let the pear tart cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before unmolding.  Serve warm or at room temperature.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At March 30, 2011 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

I always have the problem of all my pears ripening all at once. They're so fast to go from ripe to mush. This looks like a great way to use them up.

 
At March 30, 2011 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Beloved Green said...

I love pear tarts, and pear pastries, and pear with chicken. Right now I am on a total pear kick.

 
At March 30, 2011 at 5:03 PM , Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, pears can get ripe really fast. Not like apples that you can keep for a month. This looks like a great healthy dessert!

 
At March 31, 2011 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Katerina said...

You found a great way to use the ripped pears Melissa! I love tarts!

 
At April 1, 2011 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

That looks like a great way to use up the pears. I've never tried a pear tart, but yours looks so tasty!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home