<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pass the cinnamon, please

The Greek in me craves certain flavors.  Cinnamon is a biggie.  I love using it in savory dishes, not just for the taste but for the smell - it's amazing how many memories a smell can trigger.  Like my Nana's stifado...

I really wish I was able to ask Nana about her recipes from years past.  She's still with us, but she suffers from dementia so it's impossible to get any information from her about anything :(  My Mom knows some of them...others I have to figure out myself, or search for something that's hopefully just as good.

This Cat Cora recipe looked good enough to try, and fortunately it didn't disappoint.  I only had two large chicken breasts to use, so I cut back the oil to 1 tablespoon and used about 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.  All of the other measurements and ingredients are the same as the original recipe.

I ended up with a good amount of leftover sauce, so I saved it with the leftover couscous that I made (in place of orzo).  I made a little greek salad, too.

So here it is - Greek Cinnamon Stewed Chicken.  Yum.


For my Weight Watchers readers - the recipe (as I adapted it) is about 5-6 Points Plus per serving - add 3 points for a 1/2 cup of whole wheat couscous and it's a great 8 point meal!


Linked to: What's On Your Plate, hosted by Good Cheap Eats
                 Friday Chicken Blog Hop


Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At March 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

I'm with you on the cinnamon. It's just delicious in both sweet and savory dishes.

 
At March 23, 2011 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Tessa said...

I don't know if I've tried too many savory recipes using cinnamon, but this looks really good!

 
At March 23, 2011 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Maren said...

I crave cinnamon too, I heap almost all measurements for things.

 
At March 23, 2011 at 9:03 PM , Blogger Ann said...

This looks wonderfully interesting. I think I'd like this a lot.

 
At March 24, 2011 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Renee Paj said...

this sounds delicious to me! Savory, right?

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your blog is great! My brother and sil live in Northern NJ right outside NYC too, Fairlawn...and I am envious of all of their choices for shopping! lol

 
At March 24, 2011 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Katerina said...

I love cinnamon too and use it very often in my meals! I guess it is something on the blood lol.

 
At March 24, 2011 at 4:43 PM , Blogger SF50 said...

To my fellow Greek girl: this looks divine! I love using a dash of cinnamon in savory dishes. Yum.

 
At March 25, 2011 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Cinnamon in a chicken dish sounds so interesting. I bet it adds a really great flavor.

 
At November 15, 2011 at 12:59 PM , Anonymous Katherine Martinelli said...

I love Greek flavors in chicken and this recipe looks great! Thanks so much for linking up at my chicken blog hop!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home