<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gimme that filet o' fish

There are two reasons you'll be seeing more fish recipes from me now.  Not that I was ever opposed to fish...it's just never the first thing on my radar.

First, it's that time of year again - Lent.  If you want to get your protein in on Fridays, this is how you do it.  

Second, I joined Weight Watchers (woohoo.  lol).  If you want to save your points up for chocolate, this is how you do it.

Tilapia is a favorite because it's versatile and inexpensive, plus it doesn't stink up the house.  Here's a quick and easy way to prepare it (and yes, this picture looks familiar because it's the same one I used for the Tri Colore Orzo).


I'm still trying to get a better grip on the WW Points system, but I'm pretty sure this works out to about 4-5 points per serving.  Not bad!


Pan Fried Tilapia
2 tilapia filets
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 egg
1/4 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Beat an egg in one bowl, and mix bread crumbs and seasonings in another bowl.  Dip fish in egg first, followed by bread crumb mixture.

Put oil in a hot non-stick pan (medium high heat), move around so entire surface is covered, and add fish.  Cook each side for about 4-5 minutes.  Squeeze some lemon over fish before serving, if desired.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At March 16, 2011 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Katerina said...

Looks delicious, good luck with your diet!

 
At March 16, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Ann said...

I'm planning to make more fish too. Suddenly I realize the heavy clothes will be replaced soon. Anyway, this looks really good. I'll have to give it a try. You had me with Filet O Fish. Yes, I even love those!

 
At March 16, 2011 at 10:06 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

Melissa-
I love Tilapia as well. From tacos to a bed of lentils, it is a staple in our house. Thanks for the reminder:)

 
At March 17, 2011 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Our Italian Kitchen said...

Love the title! Lol..Now I have that song in my head! It looks really good! Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home