<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Failing the bar

Bella has been loving granola bars lately!  I thought it would be a good change to make some.  I came across this recipe for peanut butter granola and figured I'd give it a whirl...and even better, I had all of the ingredients on hand.  
I made a few changes - added slivered almonds and coconut, replaced the corn syrup with honey, and used creamy peanut butter instead of crunchy.  It came together very nicely and looked great...until...  

I went to cut it into bars (and yes, they were completely cooled off).  Big fat fail.  I'm not sure why.  It just kept crumbling, and crumbling...but, the good news is that it tastes perfectly fine.  Especially on top of greek yogurt.


Next time I think I'll add some mini chocolate chips :)

Linked to: What's Cooking Wednesday, hosted by The King's Court

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At April 6, 2011 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Beloved Green said...

Crumbly granola bars = great granola to put over top of yogurt. All works out in the end!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

How sad! I'm glad it still tasted good.

 
At April 6, 2011 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Tony O. said...

I bet something about the corn syrup works more as an adhesive than honey does.

 
At April 6, 2011 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

Tony, I thought the same thing...although other people (as per the reviews) had success with it.

 
At April 6, 2011 at 9:27 PM , Blogger Ann said...

Hey, it works for me!

 
At April 6, 2011 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Carol said...

Looks great with the yogurt! Peanut butter granola sounds good as a crumble or a bar to me.

 
At April 7, 2011 at 7:21 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Well, now you have granola! Glass half full approach :P

 
At April 7, 2011 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Kitchen Belleicious said...

Hey that doesn't look like a failure to me. It looks like one amazing peanut butter and almond granola- that is perfect for snack or breakfast!

 
At April 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

I prefer my granola in a bowl. Looks good!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home