<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, April 8, 2011

Changing it up

The warmer weather affects my "food mood".  I want to eat lighter.  I want to try new things.  I want to get out of the winter food rut.  (what I REALLY want right now is for the true spring weather to get here already!)

Cauliflower is great.  I love the versatility of it...so many choices!  And as many of you know, I love variety.  What's your favorite way to make it?

I had planned on roasting it, but decided instead to make this salad and steer away from our basic lettuce version that we usually have.  A nice change of pace.  New food mood! :)


Caulifower & Green Bean Salad
1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
1/2 head cauliflower, broken into pieces
1/2 cup sliced radishes
1 scallion, chopped
1/2 cup kalamata olives
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.  Serve cold or at room temperature.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At April 8, 2011 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Beloved Green said...

I feel the eating lighter mentality. My body is wishing the spring weather to come and bring it out of hiberation mode!

 
At April 8, 2011 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Ann said...

I'm loving cauliflower lately. This salad look refreshing and light.

 
At April 9, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Ben said...

I love cauliflower. My wife dislikes it. Guess what I don't make very much of? lol. But your salad is beautiful and looks delicious, and I stare at the photos with great longing.

Ben
http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

 
At April 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I really do love cauliflower and this sounds delicious! A great salad that will hopefully bring spring weather to us all!

 
At April 9, 2011 at 11:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

spring makes me reach for salads, fruit parfaits, and lemonade! :) i love the season change! i love making cauliflower "mashed potatoes" - this salad looks like another great use for cauliflower to add to my repertoire!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home