<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shelling out some good food

More recipe swapping!  This week's theme with one of my online groups was pasta.  I received a recipe from Kate, author of Kate's Recipe Box, for stuffed shells (which look delicious!).

Although I love stuffed shells, it's been a while since I've made them.  I was pregnant, and I brought them to a friend who just had a baby (they freeze very well and can be easily portioned out - perfect for exhausted new parents!). When I do make them I like to jazz them up a bit, depending on what I have in the fridge.  Sometimes I add meat, sometimes different vegetables (spinach, mushrooms, etc), and usually I use a blend of cheeses.

Below you'll find the version I made this time around.  Thanks for the inspiration, Kate!


4 Cheese Stuffed Shells
20 large shells
marinara sauce
2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup fontina cheese, diced
1 egg
1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
grated pecorino romano cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Prepare 9x9 baking pan by spreading a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom.  Cook shells until al dente, then drain carefully.

Combine all cheeses in a bowl with egg, parsley, salt and pepper.  Mix until smooth.

Fill each shell with cheese mixture and place in pan.  Top shells with pecorino romano, followed by marinara. Cover and bake for about 25 minutes.

Serves 5
WW Points+ = approximately 10



Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 7, 2011 at 1:52 PM , Blogger Pam said...

I love stuffed shells... they look terrific.

 
At April 7, 2011 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Ann said...

I do love stuffed shells. These look wonderful. I too like adding to the filling with spinach and pancetta.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home