<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, July 30, 2012

Grilled Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato & Pesto Sandwich

I feel like the majority of my posts lately have consisted of the same ingredients.  Anyone else notice that?  Blueberries, tomatoes, herbs...all those delicious things that are in season.

Today is no exception.  How can you resist this sandwich?  It's quick, easy and so delicious.  Comforting is an understatement.  


It's a super simple "adult" grilled cheese :)


There should be a nice slice of onion in here but unfortunately I was out of them that day (!!!)...normally that's a given with any grilled cheese I make.  Still, it was awesome.

I want the herbs in my garden to last forever!!!

Grilled Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato & Pesto Sandwich
2 slices bread
pat of butter
sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
sliced tomato
pesto (homemade or store bought)

Spread pesto on both sides of bread.  Add cheese and tomato, then close sandwich.  Melt butter in a pan over medium high heat, then put sandwich in.

Grill on one side, then flip.  Grill on other side until cheese is melted, then remove and plate.  Cut in half and serve.



Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At July 30, 2012 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

love this! sometimes the simple things are the way to go! yum!
http://lemoinefamilykitchen.blogspot.com

 
At July 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Sprigs of Rosemary said...

I'm making a tomato sandwich right now, with fontina. Great minds.

 
At July 30, 2012 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This is my favorite kind of samdwich when fresh tomatoes and bail are available.

Thanks for you comment on my blog! Good luck in the sweepstakes :)

 
At July 31, 2012 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Cindy said...

Look delicious, I love that combo,thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home