<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers

I don't know about you, but sometimes when I get a craving I need to satisfy it ASAP.  And sometimes, those cravings are so strange that even I wonder where they came from.  Like a few weeks ago, when I  felt like I needed these in my life immediately.

Funny thing is, I probably had them once in my life...MAYBE twice.  And it had to be at least 15 years ago.  So random!  But, so good.



My condiment of choice was my honey mustard, but the next time this craving strikes, you can bet I'll be eating them with orange marmalade.  Just thinking about that makes me want them again...


Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers 
slightly adapted from Our Best Bites

12 chicken tenders
1-2 eggs (use the second if you run out of the first)
1/2 cup AP flour
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 teaspoons garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.   Rough chop coconut a bit.  Combine with panko and spices in a small dish and mix well.  Place flour in another dish, and egg (beaten lightly) in another.  Dip tenders, one at a time, in flour, followed by egg, then coconut mixture.  Press lightly to adhere coating.

Spray cooking spray on foil-lined baking sheet, then place tenders on it.  Bake for about 20 minutes (could be more or less, depending on size of tenders).  Color will stay light so be sure not to overcook!



Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At July 24, 2012 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Yum!! After reading your post, now *I* am craving these!

 
At July 24, 2012 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Jessica@AKitchenAddiction said...

I love how you bake these instead of frying them!

 
At July 24, 2012 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Stef said...

These look great! I'm going to have to make these for my husband since he loves coconut.

 
At July 24, 2012 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowwww, this looks delicious! see more creative chicken tender recipes at tiptap.com

 
At July 24, 2012 at 9:53 PM , Anonymous Nicole, RD said...

These sound killer! I adore all things coconut...sweet and savory!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home