<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, July 20, 2012

Watermelon, Feta & Basil Salad

I've been trying to come up with creative ways to satisfy my sweet tooth that aren't too "bad".  Don't get me wrong, I've been loving my ice cream, but sometimes you have to push it aside and behave yourself.

And when it's a dish like this, you don't mind one bit.


I love this salad for so many reasons...it's quick and easy, it's healthy, and best of all it tastes delicious.  Refreshing doesn't even begin to describe it.  And using my garden herbs always makes me happy.

I have to say, although this recipe is terrific, this salad tastes really great even without the extras.  Straight up watermelon, feta and basil is perfect if you don't feel like dressing it up.  Either way, you can thank me later :)


Watermelon, Feta & Basil Salad
slightly adapted from In Good Taste

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1 (approximately 8 pound) watermelon, cubed
1 cup feta cheese
1 cup coarsely chopped basil leaves

Whisk oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl.  Add watermelon and feta and toss gently.  Top with basil and serve.

Linked to:  Sweets for a Saturday




Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At July 20, 2012 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Jessica@AKitchenAddiction said...

This sounds positively refreshing! Love it!

 
At July 21, 2012 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Winnie said...

Definitely creative. but it looks great and sounds DELICIOUS !
I'm going to try this :)

 
At July 22, 2012 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Ben said...

Melissa, you had me at feta and basil...

Ben
http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home