<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream

Yes, yes, yes.  You heard that right...


I don't even know what else can be said about it, except...make it NOW.


Seriously...NOW!!

Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream
slightly adapted from Allrecipes

1 cup milk (I used 1%)
2 tablespoons instant espresso granules
1 cup sugar
pinch of salt
2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup caramel dessert sauce (I used Trader Joe's)

Whisk together milk, coffee granules, sugar and salt in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved.  Add cream, stir, then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (I left it overnight).

Pour chilled mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.  Transfer half of the ice cream to a freezer-safe container, then add half of the caramel sauce.  Top with remaining ice cream, then remaining sauce.  Swirl through ice cream with a knife.  Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours before eating.

Linked to:  Tastetastic Thursday
                  Sweets for a Saturday





Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At July 25, 2012 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Jessica@AKitchenAddiction said...

This is amazing!! I was just wondering what ice cream to make next. You have made my mind up for me!

 
At July 25, 2012 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Heather said...

I was excited to see what ice cream it would be after your Facebook post yesterday! This looks fantastic, I can’t wait to try it! I love your photos as well :)

 
At July 25, 2012 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Krystal R said...

Mmm, how easy and simple!! I must make soon!

 
At July 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM , Anonymous Jey said...

Oh dear lord, this must be made immediately!!

 
At July 26, 2012 at 1:37 PM , Blogger Tara said...

OMG, this sounds insanely delish. Caramel Macchiato's are my FAVE drink at Starbucks. Just an FYI, you can actually buy the caramel sauce they use from them. They don't display it, you have to ask.
A friend bought it to make caramel macchiato cupcakes.

 
At July 27, 2012 at 11:06 AM , Anonymous ally said...

i am so excited because i have a jar of tj caramel waiting to be devoured!
xo
http://allykayler.blogspot.ca/

 
At July 27, 2012 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Geri Saucier said...

Wow this ice cream looks delicious:) I will be making this over the weekend. Thanks for sharing and Congratulations on Foodbuzz Top 9!

 
At July 27, 2012 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Geri Saucier said...

Wow - I love this recipe! I will be making some this weekend. Thanks for sharing and Congratulations on Foodbuzz Top 9:)

 
At July 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

Thanks Geri! Let me know how it turns out!

 
At July 27, 2012 at 10:46 PM , Anonymous Samantha said...

Caramel Macchiato a la Starbucks is the only coffee drink I could get my husband to drink for the longest time (boy was he surprised when he ordered a true macchiato from a non-chain coffee shop!) I may have to try making this just for him! Congrats on top 9!

 
At August 22, 2012 at 1:16 PM , Anonymous Maddie said...

I made this and it is SO GOOD. I switched the cup of milk for a cup of dark chocolate almond milk to give it a bit of a chocolaty flavor and it turned out beautifully. Thank you for the great recipe!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home