<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, July 27, 2012

Baked Blueberry Oatmeal

I love the recipe swaps I participate in where you get to choose whatever recipe you want from your assigned blog.  Probably because I'm a BIG fan of surprises.  I always get excited to see who picks what from my blog!  And of course, I love to reveal my choice, too :)


This time around, I was given Kate's blog, Kate's Recipe Box.  She's got a lot of great things to chose from and I had a few bookmarked, but ultimately, my need for a quick breakfast (as well as using up all of my blueberries) won over.  Plus, I hadn't tried baked oatmeal yet, but have been meaning to for a while.  I'm glad I finally did!


Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
slightly adapted from Kate's Recipe Box

3 cups oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.  Mix milk, butter, eggs and vanilla in another bowl, then add to oat mixture.  Stir until combined.  Gently mix in blueberries.

Spoon into a greased 9 inch square baking pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until set.  Serve warm.  Refrigerate leftovers and reheat before serving.

Serves 9.


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At July 27, 2012 at 7:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love baked oatmeal. Gald you enjoyed this!

 
At July 27, 2012 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Jessica@AKitchenAddiction said...

Baked oatmeal is a favorite of mine! This sounds wonderful!

 
At July 28, 2012 at 5:46 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I love oatmeal but have never had it baked! It must feel like eating dessert for breakfast!

 
At July 29, 2012 at 3:14 AM , Anonymous Katerina said...

Baked oatmeal sounds like fun. Great idea!

 
At July 30, 2012 at 2:07 PM , Blogger Tara said...

Never had this. It's sound delish and seems easy, so I will definitely be trying it.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home