<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Scalloped Ham and Potato Bake

This week has pretty much been all about Easter leftovers.  The other night, we had stuffed shells and meatballs.  Another night was eggplant parm.  For lunch, I've been eating egg salad (or straight up hard boiled eggs).  I'm pretty sure many households across the country have been doing the same thing...

I'm also pretty sure that many households have turned their leftover ham into deliciousness that looks something like this:


Photo credit goes to Frank (I was working late)...not bad for an amateur!

I made this dish the day before we ate it - threw it in the fridge and reheated it before serving.  Perfect for a busy work night!  Another successful use of leftovers, which you know always makes me happy.

So, what leftovers have been on your table this week?


Scalloped Ham and Potato Bake
slightly adapted from RecipeTips

2 cups ham, diced
5 cups potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 large yellow onion, sliced
5 tablespoons flour
dash of pepper

for the sauce:
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk (I used 1%)
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
3/4 cup colby jack and cheddar cheeses

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine first 5 ingredients and place in a greased casserole dish (approximately 2 quarts).

For the sauce, melt butter in saucepan.  Add flour and cook for one minute, until smooth.  Add milk, mustard and cheese.  Stir over low heat until cheese melts.

Pour sauce over potato mixture and bake for 60 minutes or until potatoes are done.


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At April 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM , Anonymous Jill (JBean Cuisine) said...

This sounds delicious - just wish I had ham leftovers to make it. Might be just the excuse to bake-up a ham over the next few weeks!

 
At April 12, 2012 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

What a great idea for leftover Easter ham, Melissa! This looks so delicious and right up my alley for a simple weeknight meal. Love it!

 
At May 6, 2012 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I just added this one to my "to try" list also. Plan to see a lot of your recipes on my blog very soon lol!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home