<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hawaiian Pork & Pineapple

We ordered Chinese food over the weekend for the first time in a while.  I was beat from a busy day and just didn't want to worry about cooking or dishes.  We were all about chilling out and watching a movie (which, by the way, Bridesmaids was hysterical!).

I like to change up what I order most of the time, but one thing I'm consistent with is rice.  I never eat the rice that comes with my dish.  I guess I'd rather just fill up on the good stuff.  So, into the fridge went my pint of white rice.

Yesterday, while staring at my pork tenderloin, a few ideas went racing through my head over what to do with it.  I had a craving for pineapple, and then remembered the rice.  So, I threw this dish together in a matter of minutes, and I must say I was pretty pleased with the results.  Frank really loved it too.


Speaking of Frank, I asked him what I should name this dish.  His reply, "I mean, come on - pork...pineapple...what else would you call it?"  Well alrighty, then.

Hawaiian Pork & Pineapple
1 (approximately 1 pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 cups cooked rice
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 can pineapple rings, drained and cut into chunks
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (I use Frank's)
3 cups baby spinach leaves

Coat pork with cornstarch, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Heat canola oil in a large pan, then add pork and cook for about 3-4 minutes.  Remove from pan.

Add rice and onion, followed by sesame oil.  Stir to combine and cook for about a minute.  Add pineapple and stir.  Cook for another minute or two.

Add pork and chili sauce, then stir and cook for another few minutes.  Turn off heat and add spinach.  Stir to combine until wilted.  Serve.


Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At April 3, 2012 at 8:33 AM , Anonymous katie said...

I have a pineapple in our refrigerator, can't wait to use it in this dish.

 
At April 3, 2012 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Frank Clare said...

When I walked in and saw Melissa preparing this I wasnt quite sure how much I would like it. After tasting it I can't wait for her to make it again. Lots of great flavors.

 
At April 3, 2012 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Jaida said...

Sounds delish!! I have a pork tenderloin in the freezer, pineapple in the pantry...and nothing planned for either. I must might have a plan for them now!

 
At April 3, 2012 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Aarthi said...

yummy pork dish

Aarthi
YUMMY TUMMY

 
At April 3, 2012 at 11:20 AM , Anonymous love cooking said...

This looks delicious. Meat and pineapple always match well. I like pineapple cook with squid too. :)

 
At April 3, 2012 at 2:15 PM , Anonymous raquel@eRecipe.com said...

I also buy cooked foods when I feel the need to chill out and watch movies. I admire the creativity you did with white rice from the fridge. The dish name fits the ingredients and I'm sure the taste too. Yummy! =)

 
At April 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvento350 said...

Yum! I love the sound of this. Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits and I'm always looking for new ways to cook with pork.

 
At April 5, 2012 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I'm with you...forget the rice and give me more REAL food! But I love the sound of this fried rice...such a great mix of sweet and salty.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home