<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, March 30, 2012

Pasta with Peas & Eggplant

I'm sure I'm not the only one who cooks with ingredients that their spouse doesn't like when they're not home for dinner.  Right?  Raise your hand, friends...nice and high...I know you're out there.

One of the items on Frank's black list is peas.  Such a shame, because I really like them.  Not only are they tasty, they also add such nice color to dishes.  Once in a blue moon, I'll have no choice but to add them to a dish I'm making, mainly for aesthetic reasons, and force him to pick them out.  Bad wifey.

Anyway, I used them (a LOT of them!) in a pasta dish for myself while he was working late.  I also threw in a Japanese eggplant that Bella picked out while we were at the local market, because her favorite color is purple.  Naturally.

I also used a healthy amount of crushed red pepper in the oil, which I normally don't do when Mr. I Hate Spicy Food Frank is home.  When it's just me, I say bring it on...

This super quick dish is perfect for busy nights, and also for wives of pea haters :)



Pasta with Peas & Eggplant
1 pound spaghetti
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
5 garlic cloves, chopped
crushed red pepper
1 Japanese eggplant, cut into small cubes (can sub regular eggplant)
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
salt and pepper to taste
grated pecorino romano cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a medium sized pot, heat oil, then add garlic and crushed red pepper.  Add eggplant, salt and pepper, and cook until slightly brown, followed by peas.  Lower heat and stir to combine.

Drain pasta and add to veggies.  Add cheese, toss and serve.


Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 30, 2012 at 9:45 AM , Anonymous raquel@eRecipe.com said...

Hi I can relate to the cooking with ingredients that spouse doesn't like =). I like veggies but hubby is not much into it as well as the kid in the house too. Add peas and spicy food to that also. So, when I'm alone in the house I cook my favorite veggies and this one is on the to do list. Thanks for sharing =)

 
At March 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM , Anonymous Choc Chip Uru said...

This pasta looks crazy delicious :D
Definitely something I want to try in the near future!

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru
Latest: Maple Raisin Ice Cream

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home