<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, March 19, 2012

Hot Reuben Dip

Tired of corned beef yet?  Yeah, I know...this post is a few days late.  But honestly, this dip is a hit any time of the year!  Plus, if you have leftovers from this weekend, this is a great way to use them up.

Men (especially my man) go NUTS over this!  The guy at the deli counter (who was kind enough to shred the 4 pounds of corned beef I ordered) even started drooling over it without even trying it.

It's perfect for crowds, and can be made in no time at all.  It takes under an hour to heat up, and it can sit in the crockpot on warm for hours as well.  Great for game day...or, like I said, any day :)

Hot Reuben Dip
adapted from allrecipes

4 pounds shredded cooked corned beef
4 cups shredded swiss cheese
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup thousand island dressing (homemade or store bought)
1 large can (25 ounces or so) sauerkraut, drained

Place all ingredients into crockpot and stir to combine.  Cook on high for about 45 minutes if in a hurry, or longer on low until cheese has melted.  Stir occasionally.  Serve on mini rye or pumpernickel slices, or on crackers.

Serves an army!


Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At March 19, 2012 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Lynsey said...

Looks so good. A great way to make the sandwich a little more finger-food friendly. Perfect timing for racing season!

 
At March 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Ciao Chow Linda said...

I remember making this back in the 80s on small appetizer size breads. It was always a hit and I don't know why I forgot all about it. Thanks for sharing.

 
At March 19, 2012 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Hezzi-D said...

I do not like corned beef but my husband does and he loves reubens, this would be perfect for his reuben cravings. Thanks for sharing!

 
At March 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Lora said...

Do you think I can freeze this? It made so much and I really don't want to throw it out...

 
At March 19, 2012 at 9:48 PM , Blogger Lora said...

Do you think I can freeze this? It made so much I don't want to throw it out...

 
At March 19, 2012 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

Yeah, that's why I said "serves an army"...it really does! I don't see why you can't freeze it. Frank brought our leftovers to work today and it made for some pretty happy guys on his job site :)

 
At March 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Pam said...

I am loving this dip! What a great way to use up leftover corned beef.

 
At March 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM , Blogger Aarthi said...

yummy dip for anything..i love it with cuips..

 
At March 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Yum! This sounds awesome and great for entertaining!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home