<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, April 2, 2012

Raisin Glaze

So what's on your Easter menu this coming weekend?  

Deviled eggs? 


Leg of lamb? (my personal Easter favorite...yum)  

We know that ham is a common answer to this question, so I thought this recipe would be helpful right about now.  I love this sauce, and it's a cinch to make!  Try it this weekend...that is, if you're serving ham.


Raisin Glaze
from food. com

1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup raisins
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter

Combine first three ingredients in a pot.  Stir in water, raisins, vinegar and lemon juice until blended.  

Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened.  Stir in butter until melted.  Serve.

Makes approximately 2 cups.



Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At April 2, 2012 at 1:31 PM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

The glaze has to be my favorite part of ham. :) This one looks great!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM , Blogger #1SAHM said...

You are officially my hero. I LOVE this glaze and I lost the recipe awhile ago. Thanks so much for posting!

 
At April 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM , Blogger #1SAHM said...

You are officially my hero! I LOVE This glaze and I lost the recipe awhile ago. Thanks for sharing!

 
At April 3, 2012 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

My only complaint about this recipe is that I'd probably just sit around "taste testing" it and would never actually serve it. So good!

 
At April 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM , Anonymous Lisa @ Snappy Gourmet said...

Interesting combination of ingredients, but it sounds and looks great!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home