<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, April 6, 2012

Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins

Our latest recipe swap theme was fruit.  Fruit in anything - sweet or savory.  And I was very happy to receive Katie's recipe for these delicious muffins.  Be sure to check out her blog if you don't already know about it...she's got some great recipes!

I LOVED these muffins...they were sweet but not too sweet, soft, fluffy and really tasty.  You could really feel the creaminess from the cream cheese.  And, talk about easy to make.  I brought most of these to work and they were a huge hit with my coworkers.


If you're looking for a last minute addition to your Easter brunch, definitely make these!



Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins
from So Tasty, So Yummy

2 cups AP flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk (I used 1%)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream together cream cheese, butter and sugar.  Add eggs, milk and vanilla and mix until just combined.

In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl and mix until just combined.  Do not over mix.  Batter will be thick, like cookie dough.  Fold in strawberries.

Spoon batter into paper lined muffin pans.  Fill each cup about 3/4 high.  Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until tops are golden.  Cool on rack for at least 15 minutes.

Makes 24 muffins.


Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At April 6, 2012 at 7:52 AM , Anonymous katie said...

Your muffins are gorgeous! We went strawberry picking yesterday, so I am pretty sure these are getting made this weekend.

 
At April 6, 2012 at 9:31 AM , Anonymous Lesa @Edesias Notebook said...

Oh yum! Can't wait to try these!

 
At April 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM , Blogger Moviegirl03 said...

I love muffins and these sound so easy. Definitely will have to find a good batch of strawberries and give these a whirl. Thanks!

 
At April 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM , Anonymous Jey said...

I am really excited to try these once strawberries are a bit more in season!

 
At April 6, 2012 at 4:45 PM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

These look like a muffin I would love. I'm so happy spring is here and strawberries have been getting cheaper and more delicious in the stores.

 
At April 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Sarah - The Home Cook said...

I need to make these ASAP. They sound SOOOO good.

 
At April 14, 2012 at 7:00 AM , Blogger Hezzi-D said...

I used to make a version of this in college but I've since lost the recipe-I'll definitely try this one out! I love strawberries and cream cheese. I enjoy reading your blog daily and have given you The Versatile Blogger Award! You can see it here: http://www.hezzi-dsbooksandcooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home