<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hello, March!

  • It's been a ROUGH winter for lots of people.  Everyone I talk to seems super excited for spring to get here ASAP.  Including myself.  I need fresh air...I need for Bella to be able to just let loose in a playground on a regular basis...I need to not have to visit germ-infested play areas every day...I need flip flops!!!

Which reminds me...I need to start behaving myself.  My eating habits have been something awful.  The best way for me to lose weight has always been following a low carb diet, so you may be seeing more of those recipes from me now.  That is, if I decide to behave ;)

Here's a great lowER carb breakfast dish (the flour adds some carbs, but not as much as a traditional crust) - another one I created while pregnant.  It's a little different than the crustless quiche recipe I have, and just as delicious.  You don't miss the crust in this one...it really does taste just like regular Quiche Lorraine!  





LowER Carb Quiche Lorraine

  • 8 slices bacon
  • 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup onion, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/3 cup AP flour
  • 1 1/2 cups milk

  • Cook bacon in a 400 degree oven for approximately 15 minutes.  medium high heat until evenly brown, then set aside.  Once it cools down, crumble it or break it up into small pieces. 

  • Drop oven temperature to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.

  • Line bottom of pie plate with cheese and bacon. Combine eggs, butter, onion, salt, pepper, flour and milk.  Whisk together until smooth, then pour into pie pan.

  • Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set. Serve hot, room temp or cold.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At March 1, 2011 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Shanae Branham said...

Great recipe. I am really looking forward to spring, too. I am your newest follower. I am glad I stopped by today. By the way, I have a contest giveaway on my blog you might find fun. Take a look. triumphandtears.blogspot.com

 
At March 1, 2011 at 11:05 PM , Blogger Ann said...

This looks great, Melissa! We are on the same page. I'm making quiche tomorrow. One of these days I have to start behaving too.

 
At March 2, 2011 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Katerina said...

This quiche looks perfect for me Melissa. I love the flavors you put in there!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yum, I love quiche without the crust, this looks absolutely delicious!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home