<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Nicky!

We celebrated this little love's birthday this past weekend.


He looked a little different at his party, though.  You know - the way you're supposed to look at your first birthday party.


My sister-in-law asked me to make cupcakes for all the kids who would be there.  She gave me the freedom to choose what I wanted to make, but as soon as she told me she was doing a primary color theme, I knew exactly what I'd be baking.


Yep...the famous rainbow cupcakes.  What else screams "birthday" and "bright colors"?

I saw a few recipes online but went with this one from The Girl Who Ate Everything.  I used the cake recipe and the frosting recipe, too...both were terrific.  I threw some Skittles on top, for good measure.


My brother wanted every kid there to have a chance to blow out their own candle...


Super messy to make, but definitely worth it - so pretty!


Happy birthday to my adorable nephew.  Keep on rockin', buddy!  Love, Aunt Miss.


Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At February 21, 2011 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Pam said...

Adorable! The cupcakes look pretty and tasty too.

 
At February 21, 2011 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Katerina said...

Happy birthday to your little prince! Beautiful party!

 
At February 21, 2011 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I'm so glad you found out about my linky party too. Glad to have you join me and I hope you'll be able to join in again. Thanks for linking your beautiful cupcakes up. They look totally hot!

 
At February 21, 2011 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Ben said...

Melissa, those rainbow cupcakes are outrageous!(And the icing-on-face photo is classic!) I'm so glad you found my cooking blog so that I could find yours. Consider me your latest follower.

Ben
http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

 
At February 21, 2011 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Goddess of Baking said...

So Cute!!! I love the colors!!

 
At February 22, 2011 at 4:08 AM , Blogger pigpigscorner said...

The cupcakes are beautiful! Happy belated birthday little one!

 
At February 22, 2011 at 7:14 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Aww such a cutie! Happy birthday!

 
At April 23, 2011 at 3:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made this recipe the other night in round cake pans to make a bunny cake for an Easter egg hunt party. The cake was delicious and everyone loved the rainbow cake. Thanks for the recipe, Melissa.
Shannon

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home