<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Nicky!

We celebrated this little love's birthday this past weekend.


He looked a little different at his party, though.  You know - the way you're supposed to look at your first birthday party.


My sister-in-law asked me to make cupcakes for all the kids who would be there.  She gave me the freedom to choose what I wanted to make, but as soon as she told me she was doing a primary color theme, I knew exactly what I'd be baking.


Yep...the famous rainbow cupcakes.  What else screams "birthday" and "bright colors"?

I saw a few recipes online but went with this one from The Girl Who Ate Everything.  I used the cake recipe and the frosting recipe, too...both were terrific.  I threw some Skittles on top, for good measure.


My brother wanted every kid there to have a chance to blow out their own candle...


Super messy to make, but definitely worth it - so pretty!


Happy birthday to my adorable nephew.  Keep on rockin', buddy!  Love, Aunt Miss.


Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At February 21, 2011 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Pam said...

Adorable! The cupcakes look pretty and tasty too.

 
At February 21, 2011 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Katerina said...

Happy birthday to your little prince! Beautiful party!

 
At February 21, 2011 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I'm so glad you found out about my linky party too. Glad to have you join me and I hope you'll be able to join in again. Thanks for linking your beautiful cupcakes up. They look totally hot!

 
At February 21, 2011 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Ben said...

Melissa, those rainbow cupcakes are outrageous!(And the icing-on-face photo is classic!) I'm so glad you found my cooking blog so that I could find yours. Consider me your latest follower.

Ben
http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

 
At February 21, 2011 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Goddess of Baking said...

So Cute!!! I love the colors!!

 
At February 22, 2011 at 4:08 AM , Blogger pigpigscorner said...

The cupcakes are beautiful! Happy belated birthday little one!

 
At February 22, 2011 at 7:14 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Aww such a cutie! Happy birthday!

 
At April 23, 2011 at 3:36 PM , OpenID Shannon said...

I made this recipe the other night in round cake pans to make a bunny cake for an Easter egg hunt party. The cake was delicious and everyone loved the rainbow cake. Thanks for the recipe, Melissa.
Shannon

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home