<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

National Chocolate Mint Day?? (What's Baking Challenge)

Who knew that February 19th was National Chocolate Mint Day?  I didn't, until the 20th.  How about that.  Well, it just so happens that I had this recipe on deck to blog this week (I made it on Valentine's Day), so I guess as they say, better late than never.


This is the first month I'm participating in What's Baking, an online group of bloggers who focus on a different baking theme each month.  February's challenge was hosted by Dunne' from With A Cherry On Top, and she chose "Baked With Love" as the theme.  Technically, I didn't bake...but I did make a decadent dessert with love in mind :)

One of Frank's favorite flavor combos is cookies and cream.  On Valentine's Day, I wanted to make a little something special for him, and thought incorporating those flavors would be perfect, along with mint (since I'm a fan of it).

This would be amazing with Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe Joe's...if only they were in season!  I think Oreo makes a mint flavored cookie, too...but I had the regular ones in the house, so I used those.


Soooo good...and super easy to make.  And it lasts a while in the fridge, so don't go giving it all away :)

Mint Oreo Fudge
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
dash of salt
approximately 20 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract

  • In heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in cookies, mint and vanilla.

  • Spread evenly into wax paper lined 8or 9 inch square pan. Chill 2 hours (or until firm) in the refrigerator.

  • Lift fudge out of pan, peel off paper and cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At February 23, 2011 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Ammie said...

One of my favorite combos, chocolate and mint!

 
At February 23, 2011 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Reeni said...

This looks so decadent! Love the mint and chocolate combo!

 
At February 23, 2011 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Pam said...

We all love chocolate/mint combo. This looks really tasty.

 
At February 25, 2011 at 10:26 PM , OpenID nancycreative said...

Sounds really yummy--I love chocolate and mint!

 
At February 25, 2011 at 10:57 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Mmm, your fudge really caught my eye. I had no idea there was such a thing as National Chocolate Mint Day but what a delicious way to celebrate it. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

 
At February 26, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

Seriously? I'm dying to try this!

I'd love to have you share this recipe on my Sweet Tooth Friday linky! http://alli-n-son.com/2011/02/24/cream-cheese-brownies/

 
At February 26, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

mmmm, I'm definitely going to have to try this! Mint and chocolate equals amazing! :D

I just posted mint chocolate chip ice cream to link up at Sweet as Sugar Cookies--too bad I missed the 19th too. :)

http://adorkablerecipes.blogspot.com/2011/02/mint-chocolate-chip-ice-cream.html

 
At March 1, 2011 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Your Mint oreo fudge looks delicious. Can't wait to try it.

I'm hosting the Culinary Smackdown Battle for March--the theme is Cookies. Would you like to join in for the fun? It doesn' have to be a new post on your blog. You can pick your favorite cookie from your previous post too. All you have to do is link up your cookie creation. I have some great prizes waiting. Hope to see your entry soon!

Amy
http://utry.it/2011/03/culinary-smackdown-battlecookies.html

 
At March 3, 2011 at 2:25 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home