<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

National Chocolate Mint Day?? (What's Baking Challenge)

Who knew that February 19th was National Chocolate Mint Day?  I didn't, until the 20th.  How about that.  Well, it just so happens that I had this recipe on deck to blog this week (I made it on Valentine's Day), so I guess as they say, better late than never.


This is the first month I'm participating in What's Baking, an online group of bloggers who focus on a different baking theme each month.  February's challenge was hosted by Dunne' from With A Cherry On Top, and she chose "Baked With Love" as the theme.  Technically, I didn't bake...but I did make a decadent dessert with love in mind :)

One of Frank's favorite flavor combos is cookies and cream.  On Valentine's Day, I wanted to make a little something special for him, and thought incorporating those flavors would be perfect, along with mint (since I'm a fan of it).

This would be amazing with Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe Joe's...if only they were in season!  I think Oreo makes a mint flavored cookie, too...but I had the regular ones in the house, so I used those.


Soooo good...and super easy to make.  And it lasts a while in the fridge, so don't go giving it all away :)

Mint Oreo Fudge
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
dash of salt
approximately 20 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract

  • In heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in cookies, mint and vanilla.

  • Spread evenly into wax paper lined 8or 9 inch square pan. Chill 2 hours (or until firm) in the refrigerator.

  • Lift fudge out of pan, peel off paper and cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At February 23, 2011 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Ammie said...

One of my favorite combos, chocolate and mint!

 
At February 23, 2011 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Reeni said...

This looks so decadent! Love the mint and chocolate combo!

 
At February 23, 2011 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Pam said...

We all love chocolate/mint combo. This looks really tasty.

 
At February 25, 2011 at 10:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds really yummy--I love chocolate and mint!

 
At February 25, 2011 at 10:57 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Mmm, your fudge really caught my eye. I had no idea there was such a thing as National Chocolate Mint Day but what a delicious way to celebrate it. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

 
At February 26, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

Seriously? I'm dying to try this!

I'd love to have you share this recipe on my Sweet Tooth Friday linky! http://alli-n-son.com/2011/02/24/cream-cheese-brownies/

 
At February 26, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Melanie Eccles said...

mmmm, I'm definitely going to have to try this! Mint and chocolate equals amazing! :D

I just posted mint chocolate chip ice cream to link up at Sweet as Sugar Cookies--too bad I missed the 19th too. :)

http://adorkablerecipes.blogspot.com/2011/02/mint-chocolate-chip-ice-cream.html

 
At March 1, 2011 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Your Mint oreo fudge looks delicious. Can't wait to try it.

I'm hosting the Culinary Smackdown Battle for March--the theme is Cookies. Would you like to join in for the fun? It doesn' have to be a new post on your blog. You can pick your favorite cookie from your previous post too. All you have to do is link up your cookie creation. I have some great prizes waiting. Hope to see your entry soon!

Amy
http://utry.it/2011/03/culinary-smackdown-battlecookies.html

 
At March 3, 2011 at 2:25 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home