<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, December 16, 2011

Need more cookies?

I know, I know...the blogosphere is being flooded right now with holiday goodies, endless sweets, more recommendations for your cookie tray than you can handle...so, what's another one ;)

I love these little bite size beauties.  They bring a little something different to the table...they aren't round, they don't include chocolate, they aren't flat.  They're little bits of nutty goodness, and they're SO easy to make.  No excuses!


And yes, you can cheat and use premade pie crust...I promise I won't tell.

Mini Pecan Pies
from Meg's Everyday Indulgence

For the crust:
1 stick butter, at room temperature
3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup AP flour

For the filling:
1 egg, slightly beaten
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon butter, melted
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla

Crust prep:  cream butter and cream cheese then mix in flour.  Roll 24 balls and press in mini-muffin pan.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Stir together filling ingredients.  Evenly fill dough cups.  Bake for about 20 minutes.

Sprinkle confectioners' sugar lightly over pies after cooled, if desired.

Linked to: It's A Cookie Party!


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At December 16, 2011 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Mom said...

These look very good...hope I get to try some soon. ;)

 
At December 17, 2011 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

A few weeks ago I found myself with leftover pecan pie filling and so wanted to make something like this! I'm still craving them so I'm so glad you posted the recipe!

 
At December 17, 2011 at 11:14 AM , Anonymous Katerina said...

Well, this is the best period of time to indulge yourself in the sweet madness around the blogsphere. These little pies look just the right thing!

 
At December 21, 2011 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I make these every year for Christmas...I wasn't going to this year and I got snarled at! I usually double the recipe but use 3/4 C pecans and 3/4 C walnuts...comes out awesome!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home