<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday to my blog! :)

One year ago today, I finally took the plunge and began writing this little blog of mine.  I wanted to start years before, but was dealing with other things that unexpectedly came along.  No matter...it all worked out, and here I am, 365 days later and still going strong!

I've been having such a great time here...I am so thankful for my readers and followers, my family for supporting me and sharing their "secret" recipes, my husband for being patient while I take (hopefully what will continue to improve) pictures of dinner even when he's starving, all of the new food blogging friends I've made along the way...it's been an amazing experience!  And I'm only getting started :)

That being said, this might just be the most anti-climactic blog birthday ever!  Life has been totally crazy and the thought of baking myself a cake was short-lived...especially after the marathon cookie baking we did this past weekend.  So, I'll just showcase one of the new cookies we made that I really enjoyed.

Jaida from Sweet Beginnings shared this recipe in our latest swap, which was for holiday baking ideas, and I was the lucky one who got this deliciousness in cookie form.  It's SO good, and so easy you can practically make them with your eyes closed.  They're going to be a perfect new addition to our big assortment this holiday.


If you're looking for a new cookie to add to your dessert tray for the holidays, make it this one!  They've made IWBTC's first birthday that much more special :)  Thanks again for all of your support!!

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
from Sweet Beginnings

1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon mint extract
8-10 drops green food coloring
1 egg
2 1/3 cups AP flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 bag (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper.  Beat butter and sugar on low speed until fluffy.  Add vanilla, mint extract, coloring and egg.  Mix well.

Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl, then slowly add to sugar mixture while mixing.  Once combined, stir in chocolate chips.

Drop tablespoons of mix on sheet pans about 2 inches apart.  Bake 7-9 minutes or until set.  Cool on racks.

Linked to: Tastetastic Thursday
                  Fusion Fridays
                 Sweets for a Saturday

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At December 15, 2011 at 9:44 AM , Anonymous Jaida said...

Happy Blogiversary and I'm so glad you enjoyed the cookies :)

 
At December 15, 2011 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Sarah - The Home Cook said...

Happy anniversary to your blog!! I love mint chocolate chip and these cookies have been on my to-make list since I saw them on Jaida's blog.

Thanks for being part of the recipe swap!

 
At December 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM , Blogger Frank Clare said...

Happy Birthday to the greatest blog on the internet. Thank you for the 365 plus great meals this past year

 
At December 15, 2011 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Kelsey said...

Happy 1st blogiversary. I look forward to many more!

 
At December 15, 2011 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Aarthi said...

congrats dear

 
At December 15, 2011 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Mom said...

Congratulations, Melissa! So glad our family has been fortunate enough to benefit from all your delicious food...especially all the birthday cakes you've made us all year...can't wait for my birthday next month

 
At December 16, 2011 at 6:18 AM , Blogger Zee said...

Congratulations! All the best to you for future :)

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home