<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Keeping it interesting

How often do you make a new dish at home?  As I've mentioned so many times before, I LOVE variety.  I can't eat the same thing over and over.  That's one of the reasons why this blog is easy for me to maintain...lots of new material :)

We love pork tenderloin and eat it pretty often.  So, I try to come up with different ways to prepare it so boredom doesn't set in.  This dish was a huge hit...especially with the addition of mushrooms and onions.

Best of all, this can be made in about half an hour, which has become more important to me than ever before, now that I'm back at work.  Put this on your weeknight meal list - I'm sure it'll become a favorite in your house, too!

Smothered Pork Medallions
heavily adapted from Tyler Florence

3/4 cup flour
3 tablespoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 pork tenderloin, thinly sliced into medallions
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 package (8 ounce) sliced mushrooms
2 yellow onions, sliced
chopped fresh parsley, for garnish

Put the flour in a shallow plate and add garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.  Mix with a fork.  Dredge medallions in flour mixture, shaking off excess.

Heat oil in a large skillet and add pork, mushrooms and onions.  Fry pork on each side until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.  Remove everything from pan and add a little of the seasoned flour to pan drippings.  Mix together, then add chicken broth.  Once liquid is reduced and slightly thickened, add buttermilk and stir.

Return pork and vegetables to pan and cover in sauce.  Simmer for about 5 minutes, until pork is cooked through.  Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley to serve.

Serves 3-4.

Linked to: Tastetastic Thursday
                  Mushroom Blog Hop




Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At December 1, 2011 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Sarah - The Home Cook said...

Did you get a new camera? Your photos have been awesome lately!

I'm definitely putting this on my menu for next week since I've got a little buttermilk that needs to be used up.

 
At December 1, 2011 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

Thanks! I bought a (gently used) DSLR camera recently. You will LOVE this dish...I know it!

 
At December 1, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Anonymous Ammie said...

This looks delicious! I'm putting it on next week's menu.

 
At December 1, 2011 at 7:26 PM , Anonymous Chris @ TheKeenanCookbook said...

Look great! I try to add something new once a week. Actually the whole reason we started our blog was because I was sick of eating the same boring stuff every week. I don't cook enough with pork, due to lack of recipes, so this one is much appreciated. Looks great!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home