<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Morning rush

I noticed I was in a breakfast rut as of late and really needed to do something about it.  I had to find something that I can grab quickly.  Something I can even take with me on the run.  Something that basically requires zero effort.

It had been a while since I made granola.  Why?  I have no idea.  Time to change that!

This recipe jumped out at me and I knew I had to make it ASAP.  What's not to love about these flavors?  It's great sprinkled on top of Greek yogurt, with milk, or even on its own by grabbing a handful.  Bella's a big fan of it too...it's just about time to make another batch!  Well - a double batch this time.  Good thing it's super easy.

Maple Almond Granola
slightly adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod

2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped or slivered almonds
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Mix the oats, almonds, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar together in a medium sized bowl.  In another bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, oil, agave nectar and vanilla.  Pour oven dry ingredients and mix well (you can do this with your hands).

Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray (or line with foil or parchment paper) and spread granola evenly over it.  Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.  It's done when it starts to brown.

Stir in raisins and cool completely.  Store in an airtight container.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At November 15, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Aarthi said...

WOW...Awesome recipe...Make me drool here..

Do visit my blog too
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home