<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Packing it up

Lately you may have noticed that I've alluded to some changes going on around here - reasons why I will need to make things a bit easier for me in the kitchen a few days a week.  The big news is that I've decided to reenter the workforce after almost 4 years!

I wasn't really planning on it, but a great opportunity with a company that I worked for several years ago came along.  I started yesterday and will be working part time, which is perfect for me right now.  Soooo, obviously I'll be busier...BUT, don't worry, my blog will not suffer as a result.  I wouldn't neglect my second baby like that! :)

In my previous life, when I was a career woman without kids, I rarely packed my lunch.  Working in the city made eating at restaurants and/or ordering lunch in way too tempting.  You walk out of the door to your building and have so many fantastic options within a few blocks...NYC is great like that.  Plus, who wants to carry their lunch while commuting via bus or train or ferry?  I really didn't.

Now that I'll be driving to the office (and a very short drive, I may add!) and work in an area where you have to get in your car for anything you need, bringing lunch is more practical.  And of course, it gives me more material to write about :)

I know there are a lot of ways to make egg salad (I have a few favorites myself)...this one is probably at the top of my list.  I love the tastes of these ingredients together, and it only takes a few minutes to make.  Easy to pack, too!


Now I have to get busy baking, since my new coworkers are dying to try some of my sweet treats...

Tangy Egg Salad
4 hard boiled eggs
1 teaspoon mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons dijon
2 teaspoons sweet relish
salt and pepper to taste
diced onion

Peel and chop eggs in a bowl.  Add remaining ingredients and taste as you go to adjust seasonings to your liking.  Serve as a sandwich, with crackers, or eat straight up with a fork!

Serves 2.


Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At November 17, 2011 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Sprigs of Rosemary said...

Well, a hearty congratulations! Must be an offer you couldn't refuse. Looks like a great packable lunch. . . hope you'll be back often!

 
At November 19, 2011 at 1:09 AM , Blogger Ayshela said...

Alluded to - eluded means to escape, and the changes and opportunity certainly didn't escape you! congrats on catching them! =)

Do you have any particular sneaky way to chop up your eggs quickly when you're in a hurry? I've tried various techniques and not found one I'm really fond of.

 
At November 19, 2011 at 1:48 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Congrats on your new job! I just lost mine, so we're on 'passing ships" ;) hahhaha

 
At November 19, 2011 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

Ayshela, you are right...that's what I get for writing blog posts first thing in the morning! Must have more coffee next time I do that :) As for the eggs, I honestly don't have a technique...chopping/mashing with a fork usually works for me.

Donna, so sorry to hear about your job loss...not sure where in NJ you live or what you do, but I happen to be a recruiter so I may actually be able to help you :)

 
At November 20, 2011 at 6:34 PM , Anonymous sue said...

congratulations and happy back to work.

 
At November 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Reeni said...

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing all your yummy lunches like this egg salad!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home