<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Crazy sweet boozy goodness

I'm getting a little overwhelmed.  And it has something to do with the nearly full tray of fudge in my fridge.

I've taken on yet ANOTHER cooking challenge.  Yes, in the midst of all others, plus the holiday madness, plus starting a new job...well sure, why not throw something else into the mix?  

I think I just like being kept on my toes :)

Photobucket

Tina from Mom's Crazy Cooking runs the show with this one, and I can already see how much fun it is.  When I saw a submission for last month's challenge on my friend Jey's blog, I immediately inquired.  She pointed me in the right direction so I could take part in the madness this time around.

Every month, a new item is chosen, and your job is to find a recipe for it (that's a little "offbeat") on another blog that you may not normally know about, or just one that isn't super popular.  No famous chefs, cooks, recipe sites, etc. are allowed to be used!  

This month's item...well, take a look:

Helllloooo, fudge.

I found this recipe on Eat Good 4 Life, a blog that I hadn't seen before.  Miryam is a fellow Jersey Girl and her blog is terrific...I'm so glad I stumbled upon it!  This fudge is VERY tasty, super rich, and yeah, a little crazy.  Eat enough of it and you may get a little tipsy.  Perfect for the holidays :)

So take a look around...and don't forget to vote for your favorite!


Irish Cream & Pistachio Fudge
barely adapted from Eat Good 4 Life

36 ounces white chocolate chips ( 3 bags)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup Irish cream liquor (such as Bailey's) plus 3-4 tablespoons
1/3 cup salted pistachios, chopped (more if you like)

Line a 9x9 pan with foil paper and lightly grease it. 

In a sauce pan, at low heat, pour in all of the ingredients except pistachios. Stir constantly until chocolate has almost melted.

Turn off heat and continue stirring until chocolate is completely melted. Add pistachios and pour evenly into prepared pan. Let cool until set. Remove fudge from pan and peel off the foil paper. Cut fudge into small squares.


Linked to: Sweets for a Saturday



Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

At December 7, 2011 at 12:19 PM , Anonymous Ammie said...

Boozy fudge sounds yummy to me! My list of fudge varieties for Christmas is growing...

 
At December 7, 2011 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Patricia @ ButterYum said...

LOL - I made the same fudge form the same blog :). Great stuff


:)
ButterYum

 
At December 7, 2011 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

it came out fab!

 
At December 8, 2011 at 6:50 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Fudge always overwhelms me. Mostly because once I start popping those cubes in my mouth, I just can't stop! This flavor combo sounds awesome. I love me some bailey's!

 
At December 8, 2011 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Miz Helen said...

Great recipe for the Crazy Cooking Challenge, it is fun cooking with you!
Miz Helen

 
At December 8, 2011 at 12:03 PM , Anonymous Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts said...

This is something my husband would die for. He has an obsession with pistachios and isn't a fan of chocolate - so this white chocolate version is perfect!

 
At December 8, 2011 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Chels/Catz in the Kitchen said...

I'm so glad you joined the ranks with us all! It's been fun to challenge ourselves with finding new recipes! I love the Irish Cream, one of my have flavors! These look incredible! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

 
At December 8, 2011 at 11:49 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

It looks wonderful! I like that it only uses a few ingredients!

 
At December 9, 2011 at 7:01 PM , Blogger Betsy Brock said...

yum.yum.yum!

I want to sample all of those kinds! Your Irish Cream Fudge looks amazing, too!

 
At December 10, 2011 at 1:46 AM , Anonymous SharleneT said...

And, of course, you can drink the Bailey's whilst making the fudge, too! Definitely a Holiday winner. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!

 
At December 10, 2011 at 11:47 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

Yum - look at all those delicious looking fudges!!!

 
At December 11, 2011 at 5:04 PM , Blogger My Thirty Spot said...

I love this fudge recipe. It is perfect for the holidays. I would be honored if you would link it to my holiday recipe swap blog hop. My first ever!
www.mythirtyspot.com
-Erin Kennedy

 
At February 13, 2012 at 5:14 PM , Anonymous Ammie said...

Melissa, I did make this for Christmas and it was seriously dangerous! Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home