<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Soup in a flash!

Another quick-weeknight-especially-on-days-I'm-in-the-office dish!  This one seriously couldn't be easier.  It's a great idea to keep homemade stock in the freezer for times like this - or, you can definitely use a store bought one.

Either way, this can be on the table in about 20 minutes and tastes delicious!  Perfect for the chilly weather we've been having :)


Quick Tortellini Soup
6 cups chicken stock
1 cup frozen chopped spinach
1 bag frozen tortellini (I use cheese but meat is fine)
1 cup chopped carrots (I didn't have any the night I took this pic but normally add them in)
freshly ground pepper
grated pecorino romano cheese

Place stock in a medium size dutch oven and bring to a boil.  Add spinach, tortellini, carrots and pepper, bring to a boil, then simmer and cover.  Cook for about 10 minutes.

Spoon into bowls, sprinkle with cheese and serve.

Serves 3-4.


Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At December 14, 2011 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

My mom used to make this all the time when i was a kid! thanks for the great comfort food reminder. I should make it more often!

 
At December 14, 2011 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Jessica | Cajunlicious said...

So happy I found you on Apples and Twinkies, you've got yourself a new follower! I love quick soup and this one looks fantastic!
xo Jessica @ Cajunlicious

 
At December 14, 2011 at 1:21 PM , Anonymous Katherine Martinelli said...

Mmmm this does sound like the perfect quick winter meal! I love the spinach in it. I do have frozen homemade stock in the freezer, I just need to grab some tortellini!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home