<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer in your freezer

Peaches are another reason why I love summer.  It's one of several fruits I look forward to all year long.  So juicy, sweet, tasty...yum.

I bought a bunch of them recently and tossed around the idea of making a cobbler...a galette...a crisp...but something was pulling me toward the ice cream maker again.

A compelling force that's been keeping my freezer stocked with delicious flavors since I got my gadget just weeks ago.

A power no one can deny.


Make this before peaches go away for the year!

Peach Ice Cream
from Allrecipes


3 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 cups white sugar
5 fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup half and half cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt


    In a large bowl, mix together eggs and sugar until smooth.  Puree peaches in food processor and stir puree into egg mixture. Stir in cream, half and half, vanilla and salt.  Mix well.


      Pour mixture into freezer canister of ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.


      Linked to:  Sweet Tooth Friday

      Labels: , ,

      7 Comments:

      At August 3, 2011 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Beloved Green said...

      Homemade ice cream is one of my favorite things in the world. I indulged in it a lot when I traveled last month. Love this!

       
      At August 3, 2011 at 11:25 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

      Peaches are coming into season here and I'm so excited to try them in this recipe. It sounds wonderful.

       
      At August 3, 2011 at 5:04 PM , Anonymous Maren said...

      wow peach ice cream sounds so refreshing. Along with peaches I always look forward to nectarines in the summer.

       
      At August 3, 2011 at 5:12 PM , Anonymous Shumaila said...

      Peach ice cream sounds perfect for this summer heat. Looks delicious and now I feel like having a scoop or well, make that two!
      Thanks for stopping by my blog and being part of the giveaway!

       
      At August 3, 2011 at 6:50 PM , Anonymous Maris (In Good Taste) said...

      The peaches have been awesome and you are so lucky to have Jersey peaches!

       
      At August 4, 2011 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

      I feel that compelling force every time I go near the freezer! It's time to actually do something about it. Love that this ice cream celebrates fresh peaches. Yum!

       
      At August 5, 2011 at 12:13 AM , Blogger Christine's Pantry said...

      Peach ice cream sounds good. Well done!

       

      Post a Comment

      You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

      Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

      << Home