<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, July 29, 2011

Make butter better

Ah, Jersey corn.  Such a simple pleasure.  Normally I eat it straight up, but every once in a while it's nice to add a little something "special".


This takes all of a minute to make, but your family, friends, guests, etc. will be very impressed.  And happy.  Use whatever herb or combination of herbs you have on hand!

It's also great on fish, chicken or other vegetables...or even the good ol' fashioned way - slathered on a piece of bread :)


Fresh Herb Butter
4 tablespoons butter, softened
fresh parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice

Stir together all ingredients until combined.  Refrigerate until ready to use.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At July 29, 2011 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

It's little touches like this butter that turn corn from good to OMG I NEED A COB RIGHT NOW.

 
At July 29, 2011 at 1:30 PM , Anonymous Rosemary said...

Butter's so good, it's hard to make better, but every once in a while . . . . you're right, flavored up is just right for just picked corn. (I'll have to be happy with Pa. stuff!)
Rosemary @ Sprigs of Rosemary

 
At July 29, 2011 at 2:31 PM , Anonymous Maris (in Good Taste) said...

I am going to make this butter just to keep on hand for, oh lets see, everything!

 
At July 29, 2011 at 2:41 PM , Anonymous Maren said...

I love flavored butters, probably the reason why I love dining out so much. I'd never think of making it at home, this is a great recipe.

 
At July 29, 2011 at 4:32 PM , Blogger Punky said...

This butter looks very good. Next time I'm not feeling lazy I'll have to try this one.

 
At July 29, 2011 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

I haven't used fresh herbs in butter before, but I love the way it looks...especially on fresh corn on the cob. I will have to give it a shot; Soon!

 
At July 31, 2011 at 8:37 AM , Anonymous Kimby said...

Simple pleasures are the best, aren't they?

 
At August 3, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

That butter looks amazing. It's such a great, not-overpowering compliment to some fresh corn. I'll have to try it!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home