<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Holy macaroni

The truth is, Frank could eat pasta every night.  We eat it fairly often, but not nearly as much as he'd like.  Personally, I would be HAPPY to make it every night because it's so.damn.versatile.  The possibilities are endless.

Open your fridge, your freezer, your pantry, your cabinets...you'll see about 100 different things you can throw in your next pasta dish.  Well, that is, if you always keep a well stocked kitchen like I do.  Otherwise, maybe you'll see 10 or 15 things.  Either way, you've got a lot to choose from, right?  Good stuff.

So, here's another way to use your noodle :)  And tell me - what's your favorite pasta dish?


Penne with Chicken, Fresh Mozzarella & Spinach
1 pound penne
4 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into bite size pieces
1 bag fresh baby spinach leaves
2 teaspoons basil
2 teaspoons garlic powder

Cook pasta according to package instructions.  Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper.  Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat, then add garlic and crushed red pepper.  Add chicken and saute until cooked.  Add spinach and cook until just soft, about a minute or two.

Drain pasta and add to skillet.  Stir to combine all ingredients and lower to medium heat.  Add basil and garlic powder.

Add mozzarella, turn off heat and stir until just melted.  Serve immediately.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At July 21, 2011 at 10:55 AM , Anonymous Krystal R said...

That's an easy answer...I love all pasta!!! hehe I don't discriminate!

 
At July 21, 2011 at 10:58 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

It really is the beauty of pasta that it is so versatile. We've been eating a lot of it lately because we've been short on time and it doesn't heat up the kitchen. I love how simple and delicious this recipe looks!

 
At July 21, 2011 at 5:59 PM , Anonymous Kimby said...

I'm thinking this dish could be my favorite. :) Anything with pasta is fine by me!

 
At July 21, 2011 at 6:18 PM , Anonymous Maris (In Good taste) said...

You are lucky to have a husband so easy to please!
I would love to make pasta every night because as you say there is so much we can do to vary it

 
At July 22, 2011 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I could DEFINITELY eat pasta every day. But I think I'd lose a lot of readers if I did. this sounds delicious!

 
At July 24, 2011 at 12:04 AM , Anonymous Deborah said...

I agree - I love that pasta is so versatile! This sounds delicious!

 
At July 26, 2011 at 6:55 PM , Blogger Christa said...

Just had this for dinner tonight...yummy! Your hummus is next on my list to try:)

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home