<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, August 1, 2011

Simple sweets

I've always been more of a cook than a baker.  Recently, I've made it a point to challenge myself in the baking department...stepping out of my comfort zone and taking on recipes I normally wouldn't have tried before.

Still, once in a while, I revert back to my more simpler ways.  And sometimes, the simplest sweets are the ones that people dive into and wipe out in minutes.

This is one of those sweets.


This really should come with a warning label on it.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip
slightly adapted from Shugary Sweets

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and beat an additional few minutes. Fold in chocolate chips. 

Serve with graham crackers, animal crackers, pretzels...even strawberries.  

Linked to:  Mangia Mondays

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At August 1, 2011 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Jaida said...

I see this dip...and a few extra pounds...in my inmediate future!! Looks delicious!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Angie's Recipes said...

I actually have some sesame crackers waiting to be used!! Love the dip!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Joanne said...

This dip sounds totally spoonable. Meaning I don't need any graham crackers...just a spoon.

 
At August 1, 2011 at 6:40 PM , Anonymous Maris (In Good Taste) said...

I gotta agree with Joanne! Spoon, please!

 
At August 2, 2011 at 7:05 AM , Anonymous Rosemary said...

I, too, am more of a cook than a baker, and have a tendency to make "safe" sweets, things I know I can't underbake, overbake, or just plain ruin! This will be one of them!

 
At August 3, 2011 at 11:24 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

I've had something similar and you are completely right - it should come with a warning label. Just addictive.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home