<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, August 3, 2012

Truffled Deviled Eggs

My parents recently came back from a long trip to Italy.  One of our cousins was getting married so they flew out to attend, then spent some time in various parts of the country.  After seeing all the pictures and hearing how much fun they had, I regretted not going.  I'll get back there soon.  Soon...

At least they brought us back some goodies :)

Among other things, my brother, sister and I each got a jar of truffles in oil.  My sister cracked hers open first and made these delicious treats.


Oh and by the way, these eggs came from HER chickens.  Yes, she has chickens...living in her backyard in a fancy schmancy chicken coop (see below, with my niece keeping them company).


And I'll be responsible for them in a few weeks while SHE and HER family are in Italy for two weeks.  What the hell is wrong with this scenario?  Sigh.

Truffled Deviled Eggs
from Clori

1 dozen eggs, hard boiled and cooled in ice water
1 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons truffles in oil
salt and pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh chives (reserve a bit for garnish)

Split eggs lengthwise.  Pop out yolks and place in bowl.  Add mayonnaise and stir until combined.  Add truffles, chives, salt and pepper.  Stir until smooth.

Fill egg whites and place on serving dish.  Garnish with chives.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.



Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At August 5, 2012 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I REALLY want to go to Italy also one of these days! At least you got some souvenirs. That truffle oil sounds amazing!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home