<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, August 6, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispy Treats (Secret Recipe Club)

Happy Monday!  Did you think I forgot about you this morning?  Have no fear - it's a later than normal post because once again, it's Secret Recipe Club reveal day!  Always a fun day of the month :)

My assigned blog this time around was This Chick Cooks.  Katie has some great stuff to choose from, with her recent recipes being more on the healthy side due to a lifestyle change she made.  A few that caught my eye were the Chick Pea Summer Salad and the Summer Squash Soup.  Yum!

But, even though I had a few of the "good" ones bookmarked, I ultimately went with a "bad" one ;)  It wasn't my fault!  Since I made the Baba Au Rhum for my brother-in-law's birthday, I had to come up with a kid-friendly dessert for the little ones...sooooo....


These delicious treats were enjoyed by all!  Thanks for a great recipe, Katie!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispy Treats
slightly adapted from This Chick Cooks

1 (10 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
6 cups crispy rice cereal
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons half & half 

In a large bowl, melt butter and marshmallows in microwave for about 60-90 seconds.  Stir (spray spoon with cooking spray to avoid a sticky mess!) and pop in a little while longer if need be.  Add peanut butter and stir, then cereal, and stir until evenly distributed.  Pour and press into a greased 9x13 baking pan.

Put chocolate chips and half & half in a microwave safe bowl.  Cook for 30 seconds, stir, then cook another 15-30 seconds, until smooth.  Use a knife to drizzle chocolate over cereal.  Cut into bars and serve.

Linked to:  Sweet Tooth Friday




Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At August 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM , Anonymous Katie said...

Glad you enjoyed it :)

 
At August 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM , Anonymous Nicole @ The Daily Dish said...

Oh, a fun new rice krispy treat recipe! My daughter is going to love this!

 
At August 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Lisa~~ said...

Gotta love a good rice krispy treat and with peanut butter & chocolate...well double yum.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC entry: Chicken Satay Noodle Salad.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

 
At August 6, 2012 at 4:57 PM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

Oh wow, you got assigned a great blog this month. Love your choice of recipe. Nothing I like better than a yummy krispie treat.

 
At August 6, 2012 at 7:16 PM , Blogger Susie said...

I have a soft spot for anything Rice Crispy....love these!

 
At August 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Sara said...

Mmmm, I love rice krispy treats - these look even better than usual with chocolate and peanut butter!

 
At August 6, 2012 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Barbara Bakes said...

Such a fun way to change up Krispy Treats.

 
At August 7, 2012 at 11:41 AM , Anonymous Lesa @Edesias Notebook said...

Can't go wrong with Rice Krispy Treats! I love the addition of the chocolate and peanut butter. Nice choice!

 
At August 10, 2012 at 6:37 AM , Blogger Winnie said...

Marshmallows - yummy!
I usually use only Rice Crispy and PB, but no-more
Thank! These look wonderful and I'm adopting the recipe :)

 
At August 10, 2012 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

YUM! This looks great! I've nominate you for the Versatile Blogger award-you can check it out here: http://bakingblissful.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-versatile-blogger-award.html
Congrats! :)

 
At August 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

Thank you! :)

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home