<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

We got a contender...

I love chicken.  I've always loved chicken.  My parents always joke about how when I was a kid, I'd order chicken whenever we went out.  Any way I could get it.  Even for breakfast.  (okay, that may be an exaggeration, but it's not far off)

But pork tenderloin runs a close second.  It's been showing up a lot here lately, hasn't it?  Well, here's why:

It's not very expensive.
It takes just minutes to cook.
It's low in fat.
It's totally versatile.
It's delicious!


So juicy and tender...and EASY!  Another perfect weeknight main dish!

Greek Pork Tenderloin
1 (approximately 1 pound) pork tenderloin
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons oregano
salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients with pork in a large ziploc bag.  Move around gently, then marinate at least half an hour (over an hour is better!), turning a few times.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Heat skillet over medium high heat.  Add a little oil, then place pork inside and pan sear for 3 minutes on each side.  Place in a baking pan and cook for about 15 minutes.

***this can also be grilled, if you like...in which case you can skip the pan sear***

Serves 2-3.


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At December 21, 2011 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Linda said...

I've been making it a lot more lately too. I'll be trying this one. :-)

 
At December 21, 2011 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Sarah - The Home Cook said...

What did you serve it with? Trying to look at the delicious pile behind it...I think I see couscous and zucchini?

Sounds great! And you know I've got a bunch of pork tenderloins in my freezer to use up.

 
At December 21, 2011 at 10:37 AM , Anonymous Nicole, RD said...

I love the red wine vinegar with the meat...yum! I bet this would be great served up over a giant Greek salad with tomatoes and kalamata olives and feta...mmm!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home