<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dessert with a jolt (What's Baking?)

I was searching for the perfect dessert to serve with my eggnog ice cream over the weekend.  Then I remembered I still needed to choose a brownie to bake for our What's Baking? challenge this month.  So, I put on my thinking cap and tried to come up with a flavor that would be a nice compliment.

I had a few in mind, but ultimately I chose this chewy, rich, flavorful, caffeinated deliciousness.

The cappuccino brownie.

Hello, lover.

This really is a "brown"ie...the color is much lighter than its traditional counterpart.  The middle is actually darker, and super rich.  I LOVED this!  And it really was perfect with the eggnog ice cream.

Nicole from Seven Ate Nine chose brownies this month, since, well, December is National Brownie Month :)  I can't wait to see what the other ladies come up with!  Keep an eye out for the roundup that will be on Nicole's blog soon.  And make these for the holidays...you'll make a lot of people very merry!


Cappuccino Brownies
from Blue Eyed Bakers

1 pound (approximately 2 1/4 cups) dark brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter (I used salted...gasp!...and they turned out just fine)
2 tablespoons instant espresso coffee
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups AP flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used mini ones, since that's all I had on hand)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease and lightly flour a 9x13 pan.  Dissolve instant espresso into 1 tablespoon boiling water.  Set aside.

Heat butter and sugar together in microwave until dissolved.  Beat until mixture is smooth.  Add coffee and let mixture cool.  In separate bowl, sift together flour and baking powder.

Add eggs and vanilla to butter/sugar mixture once completely cooled.  Blend well, then stir in flour mixture until blended.  Add chocolate chips, stir until just combined, then turn into prepared pan.

Bake for 25 minutes.  DO NOT overbake.  They taste best slightly underdone.

Allow to cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.  According to the original recipe writer, they're also great frozen!

Makes 36 brownies.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At December 22, 2011 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

Wow! These sounddivine. This is my first visit to your blog, so Itook some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so gladI did that. I really like the food and recipes you sharewith your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

 
At December 24, 2011 at 3:11 AM , Blogger Zee said...

Brownies and coffee make a great combo.. thanks for sharing
Happy Holidays! :)

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home