<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Using your bounty

WARNING - this is another of several zucchini recipes you'll be seeing.  I'm one of "those" people who has been bombarded.  And I'm not complaining :)

These little treasures are perfect as an appetizer or side dish (especially with some tzatziki, and/or hot sauce).  They're easy to make, a great way to use up your squash surplus, and best of all...delicious.

Once again, Mario Batali rocks.


Zucchini-Ricotta Fritters
from Food & Wine

2 zucchini, shredded
3 scallions, chopped
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
3 cloves garlic, grated
2 large eggs
3/4 cup AP flour
extra virgin olive oil, for frying
lemon wedges
salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients together and form into patties.  Put some extra virgin olive oil in a hot skillet and fry away.  Place on paper towel to drain when removing from pan.  Squeeze fresh lemon over patties and serve.

Makes approximately 20 fritters.


Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At August 4, 2011 at 8:35 AM , Anonymous Rosemary said...

I've made zucchini fritters before, but not with ricotta -- great idea! Of course, like lots of folks, I'm blessed with zucchini bounty! I'll be trying this, maybe even today.

 
At August 5, 2011 at 8:44 AM , Anonymous Kimby said...

Melissa, I've seen every recipe from A to Z ("Z" being for zucchini! :) but this is different and delicious looking! Thanks!

 
At August 10, 2011 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Mary said...

We have had squash coming out our ears for months already. The heat has finally triumphed over our garden though. I have two adorable one-ball and eight-ball zucchini left to cook tomorrow and then that will be it for me.

I'm really enjoying your blog tonight. I'm glad you stopped by mine so that I could come see yours. Have a great night!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home