<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Honorable Cheese

Did you know that April is Grilled Cheese month?  Yep, it is.  You're welcome.

Some major damage could be done with that theme...I could easily eat cheese all.day.long.  And bread.  And any other goodies that can be thrown in between.

But we all know I'm behaving.  Boo.  Time to get creative.

Everyone has their own preferences when grilling chicken.  Do what you like, but I'll tell you what I did anyway :)  For this dish, I sliced the breast thin and seasoned it with salt, pepper and garlic powder.

I busted out my Griddler to cook the chicken and the quesadilla.  Grill plates for the chicken, griddle plates for the quesadilla (now, why hasn't anyone bought the waffle plates for me yet?  hmmm...).  You could even grill the asparagus in advance if you wanted to, but I didn't...I quickly steamed it.  In hindsight, I may have even left it uncooked.  Hmmm.  Maybe next time.

Quick, easy, delicious and low in points!  We both enjoyed this for lunch while watching the Yankees kick some Red Sox ass.


Chicken, Asparagus & Goat Cheese Quesadilla
2 tortillas (Trader Joe's Reduced Carb Whole Wheat)
2 tablespoons soft goat cheese
1/2 cup grilled chicken, diced
baby asparagus spears
extra virgin olive oil

While griddle is heating up, spread 1 tablespoon goat cheese on each tortilla.  Add chicken on top of one tortilla, then asparagus, then top with other tortilla.

Spread a tiny bit of oil on outside of tortilla and place on griddle, then oil the other side.  If using a press, close the top and cook the quesadilla until cheese has melted and tortilla is slightly brown.  If using a pan, flip after a few minutes, then cook on other side.  Remove and cut once slightly cooled.

WW Points+ = 6

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At April 13, 2011 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Enza said...

I'm flagging this one! I love goat cheese and anything with goat cheese!

 
At April 13, 2011 at 11:10 AM , Blogger Beloved Green said...

I love asparagus so much. I cannot wait for the fresh stuff to start popping up, which will be any day now that the snow is finally gone. Yum!

 
At April 13, 2011 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Ann said...

You know, Melissa, I was feeling all complimentary about your blog looking so good and your post, until I read the line about the Yankees/Red Sox. Ugh kick me while I'm down why don't you? We have a 2 and 9 record right now. lol I'm in a mixed marriage my husband is a huge Yankees fan and I grew up in Boston. lol And my upcoming Friday post is about Nat'l Grilled Cheese Month. same wavelength.

 
At April 14, 2011 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Healthy grilled cheese? I didn't know there was such a thing but you made it happen! Delicious.

 
At April 14, 2011 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Melissa @IWasBornToCook said...

Ann, I always knew you were a smart woman...marrying a Yankee fan is truly genius ;)

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home