<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Red Wine and Garlic Marinated London Broil

It's amazing how your body and food cravings change as the weather does.  When it's cold, I'm all about soups, stews and other types of comfort food.  The past few days have been in the 80-90 degree range and all I could think of eating was grilled meat.

So, I marinated a ton of it on Sunday night for Frank to grill last night for a few dinners and lunches this week.  Included in the batch were two pieces of london broil, so I separated them and used two different marinades...this is one of them.

This was delicious!  It really hit the spot and satisfied my warm weather need.  If you aren't already aware, it's a very tough cut of meat and needs to marinate for a long time...I recommend at least 12 hours.  This piece sat for about 24 hours and it was perfect.


And now, I want a hot dog! :)

Red Wine & Garlic Marinated London Broil
adapted from Hola Jalapeno

6 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup red wine
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 pounds london broil

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or ziploc bag.  Add meat and cover (or seal).  Refrigerate overnight, turning meat occasionally.

Remove meat from refrigerator and let sit for about 30 minutes.  Turn on grill and set to medium, or 350 degrees.  Place on grill and cook until desired temperature is achieved (we like our steak rare...ours cooked for about 5-6 minutes on each side).

Let rest for about 10 minutes before cutting.  Thinly slice against the grain.  Serve.


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At April 17, 2012 at 11:05 AM , Blogger anieb said...

This is the combination of pink rose and white fairy. I like the wine with garlic marinated non veg.

 
At April 17, 2012 at 11:46 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I just love marinades, easily turn boring meats/dinners into something way more exciting. And this one looks like another great one to add to my list to try!

 
At July 17, 2012 at 2:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother suggested I might like this web site. He
was entirely right. This post actually made my day. You cann't imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!
Also visit my weblog ... Top Wine Refrigerators

 
At July 25, 2012 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Kimberly said...

I made this last night and it was amazing! So yummy and has so much flavor to it. Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home