<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Playing favorites

Here on my blog, I think what I favor is pretty obvious.  I try to keep a variety of recipes, using different ingredients and flavors, borrowing from different cultures, etc.  But sometimes you just can't fight what you love.

My key lime pie is a long time favorite among family and friends.  My key lime cupcakes are the most popular item on this blog, so I guess they're a huge favorite among all of you :)  So, what would be better than incorporating this deliciousness into a summer favorite?  Not much.

LOVING this.


Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
adapted from My Baking Addiction

1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice (I use Nellie & Joe's)
pinch of salt
10 graham crackers, crushed

Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.  Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers' instructions.  Transfer to a freezer container, stir in graham crackers crumbs and freeze for at least an hour.

Top with graham crackers (and/or crumbs) before serving.

Linked to:  Sweet Tooth Friday
                 Sweets for a Saturday

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At August 9, 2011 at 10:26 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

I think I'm loving this, too. It's so true that no matter how much you try to mix things up, the favorite types of food always show through. I think it's a great thing, because you love it for a reason, right?

 
At August 9, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks yummy!

Key lime pie is a favorite here too. I probably shouldn't eat it on one of my "diet" days, but I'm definitely going to try it on one of my cheat days!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Beloved Green said...

Oh heavens, my waist size just expanded thinking about this. Yum!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 7:08 PM , Anonymous Maris (In Good Taste) said...

key lime is a favorite of mine.Seeing this ice cream is making me crave it!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Allison said...

I love key lime but, have never had ice cream. Need to chill the bowl of my ice cream maker tonight!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Ben said...

Beautiful, Melissa. Just beautiful. (Wishing I had some right now!)

Ben
http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

 
At August 11, 2011 at 11:37 PM , Blogger Abby said...

Yummy. Looks delish!

 
At August 14, 2011 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

I'm definitely going to have to try this! I love key lime everything!! Thanks for posting :)

 
At June 28, 2012 at 6:17 PM , Anonymous Helen said...

Oh, this sounds good!!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home