<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Buttermilk Ranch Dressing (and a Bloggers Bake for Hope reminder!)

FACT:  I have a love/hate relationship with ranch dressing.  Why, you ask?

I love it because, well, it's just delicious.  Rich, creamy, tasty...

I hate it because it's not exactly that great for you.

So, I can feel a bit less guilty about it if I make it myself...right?  RIGHT?

Yeah, I'd say that's right.


And remember, today is the last day to bid on tasty treats for a great cause!  Head over to Bloggers Bake for Hope now and check out all the goodies that are being auctioned off.  And please, spread the word!

Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
slightly adapted from Simply Recipes

1 cup light buttermilk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill

Stir buttermilk and mayonnaise in a medium bowl until fully combined.  Add remaining ingredients and adjust for taste.

Makes about 1 1/2 cups.


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At May 2, 2012 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Pam said...

I love the tang that buttermilk gives to salad dressings. This looks delicious!

 
At May 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

I think I have the same relationship with ranch dressing, so this recipe is making me pretty excited. I'm going to try it with some light mayo.

 
At May 2, 2012 at 8:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm obsessed with ranch dressing...it's a problem for me. Will definitely try this!

 
At May 3, 2012 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I try to never feel guilty about things I make myself...at least I know there are all REAL ingredients in it! Looks delicious!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home