<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, April 23, 2012

English Muffin Bread (What's Baking?)

Lindsay from Peace, Love and French Fries must have had me in mind when she chose this month's What's Baking? theme.  As many of you know, baking with yeast is a fear I've been tackling, slowly but surely.  If this challenge were presented to me last year I probably would have broken out in a sweat.

This year?  No sweat.


Welcome to one of the easiest (and delicious!) breads you will ever bake.

Now, I have to tell you, I was worried about the dough, before and after the rise.  It was VERY sticky and wet.  Like, to the point that I was pouring it into the baking pan and thought for sure it wasn't going to come out.  I guess I was concerned because there was no mention of the consistency being like that in the original recipe...it was just odd.


Thankfully, I was wrong!  I have a feeling this is going to become a regular thing in our house.  It's just too easy for it not to be.  Plus, this little one was enjoying it a whole lot...


Big thanks to Lindsay for helping me continue my quest for conquering my fear of yeast!


English Muffin Bread
from Laughing Spatula

1 package active dry yeast (1/4 ounce)
1 1/4 cups warm water
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups AP flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons milk

Add yeast, water and sugar to mixing bowl.  Let sit for about 5 minutes until it becomes frothy.  Add remaining ingredients and knead in mixer with dough hook attachment for about 3-5 minutes, or until dough is smooth.  Add dough to oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.  Let rise until double in size, about an hour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.  Punch down dough and knead gently on floured surface.  Place in loaf pan and bake for about 25 minutes.

Linked to: Tastetastic Thursday
                    Bread Blog Hop



Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At April 23, 2012 at 9:04 AM , Anonymous Lindsay {life and kitchen} said...

I've been wanting to make english muffin bread for so long! You're looks great :)

 
At April 23, 2012 at 10:32 AM , Anonymous Nicole, RD said...

I love English muffin bread and I agree...so delicious and easy! P.S. Could your daughter be any cuter!?

 
At April 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Hezzi-D said...

I love it as well! It's so easy and delicious-glad it turned out since you were concerned about it.

 
At April 24, 2012 at 7:13 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

I've made this before and absolutely love it! Comes out perfectly every time.

 
At April 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to have a fear of yeast. Now I love baking with it. I've never made this type of bread before. i'll have to try it. :-)

 
At April 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

Yum! Gotta love those nooks and crannies...

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home