<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Feta makes everything betta

I'm a BIG fan of feta cheese.  I know it totally grosses some people out, and boy do I feel sorry for those people.  Come to the other side - you have no idea what you're missing!

I threw this together when I realized I had some green beans I needed to use up.  Simple, easy, delicious.  I think that description works.

These measurements are very approximate!  As I've said before, many times I don't measure when cooking, but I know I have to give you a guideline.  So, taste as you go and use the amounts you like/need.


Green Bean and Feta Salad
2 cups green beans, steamed (don't overcook - leave some crunch) and cooled
3/4 cup feta, cut into bite size chunks (or crumbled)
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1 plum tomato, cut into bite size chunks
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (red wine vinegar would be fine, too)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Combine beans, feta, onion and tomato in a bowl.  Add oil and vinegar, then seasonings, tasting along the way.  Stir and serve, or keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At March 6, 2011 at 1:44 PM , Blogger Katerina said...

I am 150% with you! Feta is the best!

 
At March 6, 2011 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Ann said...

Feta is better. I use it in out salad every night. my family loves it.

 
At March 7, 2011 at 1:11 AM , Blogger Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

Love that colorful and healthy looking salad!! Delish!

Great blog; happy I found you!

Mary xo
Delightful Bitefuls

 
At March 7, 2011 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Arthur said...

I love the recipe with the feta. I also like my green beans crisp, but for some reason prefer the onion sauted. Will definately try this out.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home