<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, February 7, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award!

Ann from Apples and Twinkies, one of my early and most loyal followers, has given me a Stylish Blogger Award...I was honored to accept it!  Check out Ann's blog - she's got some wonderful recipes and stories.


The first requirement of this award is to share with my readers 7 facts about myself.  So, here goes...

1) I have a healthy, beautiful, amazing daughter who is almost 2 1/2, which would not have been possible without modern science.


2) Like Ann, I am a big Trader Joe's fan (see what products I highly suggest on my Just Can't Get Enough page).

3) I couldn't even tell you how many times I've seen Bruce Springsteen in concert, but the one I'll always remember most was when my sister and I saw him in November 2005, a week before my wedding.  We had AMAZING seats (4th row) and were able to run up to the front of the stage toward the end of the show.  He came over to us and my sister told him I was getting married...he took my hand, looked me right in the eye and said "congratulations".  That's why I always tell people that Bruce blessed my marriage :)  And that a BIG deal.  To ME.  Not so much to Frank.


(By the way, we saw Little Steven two years later in the city, sitting outside at Pastis...another very cool guy.  This is a shot of him and his friend ogling my sister.)


This kind of leads me into my next fact...
4) Born and raised in NJ.  A cultural melting pot.  Best entertainment, best restaurants, the best of just about everything that embodies culture is found right HERE.  


I've traveled a LOT, both in and out of the country, but have never lived outside of the area...and can honestly say that I never will.  It's just too amazingly cool to be 10 minutes outside of the greatest city in existence...it's like having the world at your fingertips.




And yet another segue...
5)  I was in Manhattan on 9/11/2001.  I worked there, and lived right across the river in Hoboken.  


Not a big deal to my local readers, since some of you were, too...but to those who aren't from around here, I feel the need to point this out.  We're approaching the 10 year anniversary of the awful day that will be replayed in my mind forever.  Never forget.  




6) Frank and I were together for 11 weeks before we got engaged.  (We'd be living together since a month after our first date)  Awwww.  


7) I was an extra in Private Parts.


And now, I am required to share with you my 15 recently discovered favorites in the blogging community.  They're all food bloggers, and they've all inspired me (and impressed me!) in different ways, since I started my blog almost 2 months ago.  I love reading their updates on a regular basis and seeing what they'll come up with next.

Reeni from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
Sandra from She Cooks And Bakes!
Kelly from Evil Shenanigans
Lauren from Lauren's Kitchen
Pam from For The Love Of Cooking
Stephanie from Stephanie Cooks
Sarah from A Taste of Home Cooking
Ashley from Delish
Mary from One Perfect Bite
Stacey from Stacey Snacks
Georgia from The Comfort of Cooking
Colleen from Souffle Bombay
Aggie from Aggie's Kitchen
Jen from Piccante Dolce
Kim from Stirring The Pot
Amy from Sing For Your Supper


Don't forget to pick up your Stylish Blogger Badge!


To Accept The Award Requirements - 
-Thank and Link Back to the Blogger Who Awarded You With The Award
-Share 7 Things About Yourself 
-Award 15 Recently Discovered Great Bloggers
-Contact The Bloggers and Inform Them of The Award

9 Comments:

At February 7, 2011 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Aggie said...

Your daughter is beautiful!!! I really enjoyed reading your post and learning about you! Thank you so much for the award and linking to me, I'm totally flattered. Glad you started your food blog, it's fun isn't it?

Going to take a look around! :)

 
At February 7, 2011 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Melissa, thank you for sharing these fun facts about yourself - and your precious daughter, especially! Congratulations on your own award and thank you so much for passing it on to me. You have a beautiful blog and deserve all the recognition you receive! Now I'm going to take some time to check out your recipes. :)

 
At February 7, 2011 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

Oh, Mel, thank you! And thanks for posting the links - some of these blogs are unfamiliar to me, so I'm excited to go check them out. :)

 
At February 7, 2011 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Pam said...

Your daughter looks so much like you! Thanks for passing the award on to me... I appreciate it.

 
At February 7, 2011 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks for passing it on to me!! I really appreciate it!

 
At February 7, 2011 at 5:39 PM , Blogger Stacey Snacks said...

You are too kind!
I love Bruce and Howard more than you! But I've only seen Bruce 19 times. I guess I am not considered a "real" fan to some!
Thank you Melissa for the award! I am honored!
Stacey

 
At February 8, 2011 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Mega congrats on the award! It was so fun learning a little bit more about you!

 
At February 8, 2011 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Ann said...

That baby is beautiful!

 
At February 9, 2011 at 12:43 AM , Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

It is always nice to learn more about fellow bloggers. Thanks so much for passing on a share of the award to me. I really do appreciate it. Have a wonderful evening. Blessings...Mary

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home