<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A lighter start

I'm always looking for new appetizer ideas...especially those that are bite size and on the healthy side.  They always add a little extra special quality to parties and dinners, and bring something different to the table (literally!), rather than the usual bar food-like apps you see often.


These little treats were delicious.  I absolutely love the Kirkland brand canned salmon (Mom makes great salmon salad with it) so I decided to use that instead of tuna.  This recipe makes a decent amount of "stuffing", by the way...so grab lots of tomatoes!


I halved the tomatoes lengthwise instead of following the directions on the recipe.  I found them easier to stuff that way, plus they also stood on their own instead of toppling over.




This was a tasty, lighter app that was perfect before a heavier meal...and super easy to make.  Try them out!


Salmon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
adapted from Food .com


40 cherry tomatoes (like I said, you could even use more!)
7 1/2 ounces salmon
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons onions, grated
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon half and half, to moisten 


Cut tomatoes in half, lengthwise.  Remove pulp, and invert on paper towel to drain.  Combine all other ingredients to form a creamy consistency.


Stuff tomatoes using a small spoon, garnish with parsley, and chill before serving.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At February 1, 2011 at 10:02 PM , Blogger Ann said...

These look great. Cute and delicious! I'd like to try these for Sunday.

 
At February 2, 2011 at 3:53 AM , Blogger Nuts about food said...

I posted a recipe like this with tuna salad last summer. I have never tried it with salmon, thanks for the idea and for visiting my blog.

 
At February 2, 2011 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

I love starters like this one. They look and sound delicious and they aren't terribly hard to put together. I'm new to your blog and wanted you to know how much I like the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

 
At February 7, 2011 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Aggie said...

I would love these!!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home