<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, February 6, 2011

So, when exactly does spring start?

Because I am TIRED of the winter.  Seriously over it.  I felt my latest sickness (that would be #4 for the season) coming on yesterday, but ignored it...surely if you ignore, it'll go away, right?  Or if you have 3 (BIG) glasses of sangria...that'll kill off any bugs, right?  WRONG.  This is the worst one yet :(

So, I'll be staying home to recuperate, while Frank and Bella are at my cousin's party with the delicious cookies I baked yesterday in tow.  I'll be missing all the fun, the poker game, the laughs...and of course, the good food.

I needed something warm and comforting for lunch...3 cups of green tea just wasn't cutting it after a while.  I resorted to one of my quick and easy soup "recipes" from my low-carbing days.  I had to get very creative back then to come up with ways to make some of my favorites.  Plus, when I feel like this, the last thing I want to do is be in the kitchen for a few hours.

This hit the spot, especially with some of my croutons sprinkled on top.


Quick and Easy Tomato Soup
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz) ...if following a low carb diet, use whatever you can find with the lowest carb count
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1/2 can fat free half and half (use tomato sauce can)
1/2 can water
crushed red pepper (LOTS of this, especially when I'm under the weather)
black pepper
basil
garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.  Cook over medium heat until heated through.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At February 6, 2011 at 5:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are cute cookies you made yesterday for the party! Sorry you are sick and can't go, but I hope you kept a few sweet treats for youself to enjoy at home.
Atleast you will be able to see and hear every Superbowl commercial since you will be watching solo!

 
At February 6, 2011 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Ann said...

Melissa, Sorry that you're sick! I want to pass on a Stylish Blogger Award to you.
Come over to my blog to pick it up. Don't feel obligated to accept it. I just want you to know how much I enjoy reading your blog.

 
At February 7, 2011 at 1:23 AM , Blogger Jessica - The Novice Chef said...

Come visit us down here in Florida! :-) It's 70's during the day and 50's at night! No winter in sight!

 
At February 7, 2011 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hope today finds you feeling better! Love the tomato soup; I always thought I had to make it from fresh tomatoes-who knew??

 
At February 7, 2011 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

Melissa, I hope you are feeling better. It's a shame you had to miss the party. Your soup sounds lovely. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home