<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, February 4, 2011

Breakfast on a snow day

I think half the country is familiar with the term "snow day" this winter.  It's been a rough one, to say the least.  This breakfast was a rare weekday treat enjoyed by all 3 of us.  Bella especially liked her Mickey Mouse one :)

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my Griddler?


Yes, those are chocolate chips.  And, see below for powdered sugar...plus, oven baked bacon (in a 400 degree oven on foil-lined baking sheets for approximately 15 minutes).  Yum.  Totally brings me back to when I was a kid...my Dad was the primary breakfast chef in our house.

I doubled the recipe and stuck half in the freezer, for a non-snow day (fingers crossed they all end soon!) when we feel like eating like we're housebound.


Chocolate Chip Pancakes
from Food .com
1 egg
cup flour
cup milk
tablespoon sugar
tablespoon oil (I used canola)
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
chocolate chips (or whatever add-ins you like)


  • Put all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in blender and mix.  Pour 1/4 cup at a time onto hot greased griddle, and add chips.


  • Turn over when bubbly and serve when golden brown.

    Makes 8 pancakes.



    Labels: , , ,

    4 Comments:

    At February 4, 2011 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Mary Bergfeld said...

    I'd love to have these for breakfast. You have put your new griddler to good use. I hope you have a great weekend and that there are more pancakes in your future. Blessings...Mary

     
    At February 4, 2011 at 9:12 PM , Blogger ashley said...

    Chocolate Chip pancakes and bacon are probably my fave breakfast! yum!

     
    At February 4, 2011 at 10:23 PM , Blogger living_insanity said...

    I am jealous of your snow day. That storm missed the DC area. I made my own tortillas on my griddle. I love mine too!

     
    At February 5, 2011 at 1:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Melissa, These pancakes look so so wonderful.I would love to make them for my husband coz he hearts bacon.Thanks for sharing.

     

    Post a Comment

    You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home