<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Friday, August 17, 2012

Minding the Farm

Well, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but while my sister and her family are away on vacation (in Italy - yes, practically my entire family has been there this summer!) I am taking care of her 4 chickens. Uh huh, that's right.

They don't have names yet, although, after falling close to waist high in a muddy ditch the other night while heading out to the coop to close them up, I had a few choice names for them...


They are kinda cute, actually.  And boy are they full of personality.  Bella cracks up whenever we head over to them - they basically line up by the door and start yelling at us.  She says, "Mommy, they must be reeeeeeally hungry!"  Then she helps me throw in whatever fruit/veggie scraps there are, and watches them (literally) gobble them up.  It cracks her up!

She also loves checking for eggs, and she certainly is getting her fill of that, now that there are about 20 of them in the fridge.  Here are the ones we got yesterday, that ultimately became breakfast in scrambled form:



Fresh eggs (and they don't get any fresher than this!) really do live up to the hype, that's for sure.

I know the majority of you don't know me in real life, but if you did, you'd know this isn't exactly my "territory".  Frank certainly has embraced it though, I must say.  He's definitely feeling his Sussex County roots - not bad for a Brooklyn boy.

So, be warned - you'll probably be seeing lots of posts revolving around eggs in the near future! :)





Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home