<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Butter Pecan Ice Cream

Once upon a time, you'd never find me at home.  I woke up, went to work, went out, stayed out, came home very late.  Repeat.  For YEARS.

Last night, Bella stayed at my inlaws' house.  I went to work.  Then I came home.  And stayed home.  With this.


My, how times have changed.  And I'm okay with that.


Butter Pecan Ice Cream
from Delightful Repast

1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar (I used light)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup pecans, finely chopped

Whisk sugars, vanilla, salt and milk together in a bowl.  Stir in heavy cream and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

While mixture is chilling, melt butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat.  Add pecans (and a pinch of salt, if using unsalted butter).  Cook until pecans are toasted, stirring frequently, for about 5-6 minutes.  Set aside to cool completely.

Pour chilled mixture into ice cream maker.  Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.  With about 5 minutes of churning time left, add pecans.

Transfer ice cream to freezer-safe container and place in freezer for at least 2 hours before serving.

Makes about 5 cups.

Linked to:  Sweet Tooth Friday




Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At August 15, 2012 at 8:11 AM , Anonymous Amy (Savory Moments) said...

Mmmmm. I have been loving making homemade ice cream this summer and this recipe looks wonderful!

 
At August 15, 2012 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Jessica@AKitchenAddiction said...

My husband loves butter pecan ice cream and I have yet to try making it for him! That going to have to change now!

 
At August 18, 2012 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Winnie said...

Yummy
I've never made ice cream before, but I just got an ice-cream maker, and I'd love to try this recipe.
Thanks for sharing, I'm pinning it

 
At August 27, 2012 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Winnie said...

Just to let you know - I made it and it was a hit!!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home