<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Brown Rice with Roasted Zucchini & Grape Tomatoes

I still stick by what I said about being over the summer.

I'm ready for pumpkin flavored everything, apple pie and mashed potatoes.  Give me a cardigan and jeans and I'll be all set.

Now, ice cream is a different story.  So is an abundance of great fresh veggies.  Like zucchini, which we always eat plenty of this time of year.


This side dish was delicious!

Alright...maybe a little more summer won't kill me after all ;)

Brown Rice with Roasted Zucchini & Grape Tomatoes
1 large zucchini, cut into 1 inch thick circles
20 grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 large red onion, chopped
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon oregano
2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
grated pecorino romano cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Put zucchini, tomatoes and onion in a small baking pan.  Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano, then drizzle oil on top.  Sprinkle desired amount of cheese over veggies.

Cook for about 30 minutes.  Remove from oven and scoop into a serving bowl.  Add rice and stir to combine.  Serve.



Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 19, 2012 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Jessica@AKitchenAddiction said...

Oh, this sounds great! I love how quickly it comes together!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home